A serious trick for upholstery & stereo

Guest zolar

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest zolar

I am glad to have inspired all the questions.

1) Yes, brushing just resin & MEKP (hardner) I mix it HOT!!

2) I just use the 100% polyester cloth from wallyworld, about the same as grille cloth, but only $2 for a 4' wide yard

I dont use mesh, chicken wire, fiberglass mat, or anything else. The resin & cloth are both polyester & become

fused together chemicaly. (50% cotton/50%polyester t-shirts work well too!) grille cloth is great, but expensive.

3) I did 7 layers of resin on the outside of the panels, and when sanded, I build up the backside, if needed.

Bring on the questions, I will be glad to help, or find the answers that I dont know (yet)

Z

Guest zolar

Yep 54K , and it's goig slooooowly,

I have only a few weeks worth of work to finish it up, but the tint buisiness keeps me hopping.

The pearl white vinyl / purple mirror plexi chevy truck in this post is the same job.

We ripped out a 30K+ install to put mine in. We tore it down to the stock wiring, and started over.

It is for a 65 yr old man, which explains the choices of vinyl, over paint (gel coat) and the colors they picked.

This is the last time he will re-do this system, as he is up in years. but he loves blowing away the kids at the shows.

The 54K includes a new paint job, wheels & tires, re-styling the truck, and the HUGE system inside.

It will be a monster if I ever get it finished.

Z

Guest tint4less
Yep 54K , and it's goig slooooowly,

I have only a few weeks worth of work to finish it up, but the tint buisiness keeps me hopping.

The pearl white vinyl / purple mirror plexi chevy  truck in this post is the same job.

We ripped out a 30K+ install to put mine in. We tore it down to the stock wiring, and started over.

It is for a 65 yr old man, which explains the choices of vinyl, over paint (gel coat) and the colors they picked.

This is the last time he will re-do this system, as he is up in years. but he loves blowing away the kids at the shows.

The 54K includes a new paint job, wheels & tires, re-styling the truck, and the HUGE system inside.

It will be a monster if I ever get it finished.

Z

[*]286398

keep us posted man

Guest zolar

I hope I can get back to it this week. I will definately post more pix.

I will burn up the digital camera befor this one's over.

Z

Guest tint4less
I hope I can get back to it this week. I will definately post more pix.

I will burn up the digital camera befor this one's over.

Z

[*]287275

cool, I want to see what a 54k job looks like does it include tint.

Archived