streaking

Guest mxkid913

Guest Sprinter

it's the dish soap that made the streaks, and if theres dead paint on the car that will help the process and help you to wax the car.

Everytime I see this word? "streaking"at the top on the main forum page I think,,,

"Don't look Ethel!"? :lol

[*]301476

:DD:DD

[*]301479

Brings back memories... :DD Betcha three quarters of these members have no idea what I meant by that. :lol6

[*]301485

Yeah, but I knew PMuzik would get it. :duck

Guest Guest
I noticed some streaking from my slip solution that ran down the side of the door on the paint and just evaporated in about 10 seconds.  I washed my truck today and noticed the streaks were still there is there anything to take them off or will the just eventually come off?

[*]301407

Wax was removed by your solution. :DD

Wash & wax... :lol

Even if you remove all the wax from a vehicle, it does not change the appearance of the paint. Wax does not do anything for oxidized paint, not counting cleaner wax. It using a mild cleaning agent (usually chemical) to "freshen up" the appearance of the paint. Using polish is the best way to make the paint look better by removing the top layer of paint and exposing the next layer. How old is the vehicle at the top of this thread? I would guess the problem to be hard water stains, soap residue (like on your shower door) or a little of both. I've never had anything like this on a vehicle so I don't know exactly what would take care of it. I have removed hard water spots with clay, polish, and/or a quick detailer spray. I say it's something ON the surface, not something missing (wax) but that's just a guess.

Guest mxkid913
Even if you remove all the wax from a vehicle, it does not change the appearance of the paint.  Wax does not do anything for oxidized paint, not counting cleaner wax.  It using a mild cleaning agent (usually chemical) to "freshen up" the appearance of the paint.  Using polish is the best way to make the paint look better by removing the top layer of paint and exposing the next layer.  How old is the vehicle at the top of this thread?  I would guess the problem to be hard water stains, soap residue (like on your shower door) or a little of both.  I've never had anything like this on a vehicle so I don't know exactly what would take care of it.  I have removed hard water spots with clay, polish, and/or a quick detailer spray.  I say it's something ON the surface, not something missing (wax) but that's just a guess.

[*]301635

95' ranger

P1010037.jpg

Archived