Newbie chick here!

Guest tinted_out

Guest pugster306r

hi,

I'm in uk too (london).

law is shite, I think their bit too busy in london to worry about tints, as I've got mine dark and haven't been stopped yet (touch wood).

like the others say the law is the law, theres no excuses you can give, but you can report the garage as that is also an offence for a motor trader to sell a tinted car. might aswell make him suffer as well :DD

Guest tinted_out

Just had my front window tints removed :DD not happy but what else can I do?? Car looks good still just not as good. The tinter was really helpful too and did a good job. He thinks the law ids handling tinting badly, apparently some woman turned up and said I need it all removed as the police had told her that - he put her straight but it appears that some officers are scaremongering offenders - tut tut! He was shocked to learn that I was fined too as most who get theirs removed get a 10 producer to show the police that the work has been done, so am annoyed that I was dealt a ?30 fine.

FYI - apparently the police need to provide a document that shows when the tint test machine was calibrated last, apparently if it was calibrated over 6 months ago, they can't do you as their machine is not correct. The same goes for speeding cameras, the gun type ones, they need to be done everyday, so if you get pulled by one ask for the calibration document and if they can't produce it then you can't get booked as the equipment cannot guarantee an accurate reading.

Also, if anyone else gets pulled, if the police are in a Renault or any other car, ask them to check their front windscreen - I bet they won't be allowing 75% light through! I would like to see their faces go bright red when they themselves are caught!

So now I am all legal - hurrah! Now I can let the police get on with thier jobs catching some proper crooks - what an effort that must be! :DD

Guest pugster306r
Just had my front window tints removed  :evilgrin not happy but what else can I do?? Car looks good still just not as good. The tinter was really helpful too and did a good job. He thinks the law ids handling tinting badly, apparently some woman turned up and said I need it all removed as the police had told her that - he put her straight but it appears that some officers are scaremongering offenders - tut tut! He was shocked to learn that I was fined too as most who get theirs removed get a 10 producer to show the police that the work has been done, so am annoyed that I was dealt a ?30 fine.

FYI - apparently the police need to provide a document that shows when the tint test machine was calibrated last, apparently if it was calibrated over 6 months ago, they can't do you as their machine is not correct. The same goes for speeding cameras, the gun type ones, they need to be done everyday, so if you get pulled by one ask for the calibration document and if they can't produce it then you can't get booked as the equipment cannot guarantee an accurate reading.

Also, if anyone else gets pulled, if the police are in a Renault or any other car, ask them to check their front windscreen - I bet they won't be allowing 75% light through! I would like to see their faces go bright red when they themselves are caught!

So now I am all legal - hurrah! Now I can let the police get on with thier jobs catching some proper crooks - what an effort that must be!  :DD

[*]306448

where in uk are you?

Archived