New To Business In Canada

Guest Shaemus

Guest Shaemus

Good Day Everyone!

As you might already know I am new to this business and new to this forum as well. I have been researching this industry for the past year or so to see if I could switch from my current business of Pressure Washing to this. After careful consideration I have come to the conclusion that this would be best.

Is there any on here that feel like sharing some industry knowledge and experience with me to get things started.

Right now I am in the process of meeting with the reps of 2 different suppliers. One is Madico and one is Bekaert.

Does anyone have the straight skinny on which to go with to start, or are none of these a good option?

I feel like starting in the business with flat glass (Residential & Business).

Thank you all for the help. I really would appreciate it.

Talk to you all soon

when talking to dealer reps just remember to take what they say with a grain of salt. and dont limit yourself untill you have searched all the top companies, there are alot out there, I order tint from about 5 different companies depending on the application.

some others to look at

1 madico

2 becart (solar gard)

3 LLumar

4 Johnson

5 3M

6 Sun Tek

7 Global

8 Sun Gard

9 Gila :rollin

I had to add theat last one

Guest Shaemus

Thank you for the list of other companies that are used.

I have been searching as many as I can. I am just trying to find out ones that I should stay away from. I know there are a lot of experienced pro's on here who through the years have come across film that is more of a problem than others.

Thanks for the reply.

Guest VOLTRON

also are you going to be installing on dual pane glass or single pain cause not all films can be applied to dual pane windows. When installing on dual pane windows you need to watch out for heat absobtion it should be no more then 50% others say less then 50 and some say 51 or 52 or 53 is ok.

and you can apply almost anything to single pain windows.

Guest metint
also are you going to be installing on dual pane glass or single pain cause not all films can be applied to dual pane windows. When installing on dual pane windows you need to watch out for heat absobtion it should be no more then 50% others say less then 50 and some say 51 or 52 or 53 is ok.

and you can apply almost anything to single pain windows.

[*]307748

Also consider who will live up to their film, glass and dual pane seal warranty, especially when installing film to dual pane. :rollin

Guest autotinter
when talking to dealer reps just remember to take what they say with a grain of salt.  and dont limit yourself untill you have searched all the top companies,  there are alot out there,  I order tint from about 5 different companies depending on the application.

some others to look at

1 madico

2 becart (solar gard)

3 LLumar

4 Johnson

5 3M

6 Sun Tek

7 Global

8 Sun Gard

9 Gila  :lol2

I had to add theat last one

[*]307732

I dont think we have that gila up here,its called marcor, or alpina, avoid it like the plague :rollin

:wall

LOL.. well I found some "Gila" here in Canada... at the canadian tire store for 9.99 CDN. Oh, at the "professional window tinter kit" is sold for an extra $3.99!!

I'm in the midst of a personal test phase..have to try anything...and I can say in my inexperienced opinion..this stuff is pretty bad. Sorry but if I lived in an apartment, needed a quick fix and hated my landlord..then gila is for me:)

wondering why Huper and v-kool is not on list?

Archived