Champagne Unavoidable?

Guest wftech

have not tried the blue max without bevel or the handle you named.I'm using unger  what's up with the handle?  I'm using ungers

[*]354572

It is heavier in weight compared to Unger and seems to take some of the pressing work off the wrist.

I prefer it to the Unger and the slim Blue blade, nowadays... especially when tackling S&S... :lol6

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sun Safe
interesting methods by lots of different installers.? I've been filming? with everything from 4 through 12 mil for years.? what has worked for me? is utilizing leverage.? I never? squeeggee security film more than one foot over my head.? I always have? a three step ladder so I'm pushing in my "wheelhouse."

I call this the squeegee zone... much the same as the strike zone in baseball...

I use a blue max (the small thin ones that come in 12" lengths).? for security films, I use a 6" blue max length.? I've found the blue max has no equal when it comes to moving water.? also, you get 4 new edges per blade.? 

Guess you've not tried the PerforMax handle with a Blue Max Squared blade (auto blue max without the bevel)?

Go solid info there, Darrin... :dunno

[*]354437

Try putting a regular wooden Hammer replacement handle from Home Depot in the end of the unger squeegee............

Instant Power! You can push twice as hard, it's works very well with the Blue Max thin blue blades your talking about.

:wtf

hey wftech:

try this next time ,when you are first applying the film , use plenty of water and as everyone said the mix is very important. film on is very consistent with lulu I dont know how it is with others .

j&j works great too. so... when you have your film up, make your first squeege with your ettore,unger or whatever you use for cleaning ;just make a smooth pass( it only takes a minute more to "soft squeege "/ then squeege as you normally would .it will solve any install problem.gauranteed :bingo

We are installing 7,8 and 12 mil every day and have no clue what you are talking about .

Using Armorcoat and other brands 

Maybe the humidity ????

We only had that problem with ArmorCoat 14mil from last years production, before there was no problem at all with it. The film looks much clearer now than before (uninstalled), but it leave these damm bubbles which makes this product useless for us.

[*]386689

dont be so limp wristed :thumb

champagne bubbles are solely from not enough pressure while squeeging the film out in the first pass. I am in south florida, safety film capitol, and we have a installer in the shop that has been getting alot of warranties back for safety film. When I offered him a unger with a thin blade(to replace his wood block) he stated he copuldnt hold the handle, or apply enough pressure... Thus causing champagne bubbles. I have found that if you do get any marks after the first intial pass, all I do is re-peel the film until the mark is uncovered, I re-wet it, and squeegie it out again, presto, its gone. We too use Armorcoat. Also I have found with armorcoat, baby shampoo works the best, and an generous amount in each bottle.

Archived