3m question

I was told that there is a black opaque that doesn't contribute to heat absorbition is this true?...and what is the absorbtion on the black opaqueif their is..I was under the impression that the black film was not to be use on thermo pane glass for the reason of heat build up...I use solargard film...the designer recommended 3m on the plans....help please

thanks

that is what I was thinking...but I fugured I would see if there were any spec out there so I could show the designers that 3m or the Sg are going to be the same....I haven'[t been able to find there spec yet for that film..or any 3m films....I have to go and see if I have anything around the shop..any litetature..

I have installed black-out on ten properties the past five years. Each one I sealed with black silicone. I drive by the oldest install on a weekly basis and it is starting to show it's age. But it is not peeling and still looks good.

yes I would defenatly seal it and also im not sure if 3m's blackout has a scratch resistant coating so u might want to check on that and tell the designer. Some of the other blackouts dont have SR coating and after you put it on it looks like a55 with all the scratches on it.

yes I would defenatly seal it and also im not sure if 3m's blackout has a scratch resistant coating so u might want to check on that and tell the designer. Some of the other blackouts dont have SR coating and after you put it on it looks like a55 with all the scratches on it.

[*]313800

You wouldn't want an SR coating on exterior installed film. SR coatings absorb moisture so rain, and maybe even humidity in the air, would cause the SR coating to degrade. I've seen film with an SR coating that was exterior installed and the film was flaking pretty badly.

[*]313800

You wouldn't want an SR coating on exterior installed film. SR coatings absorb moisture so rain, and maybe even humidity in the air, would cause the SR coating to degrade. I've seen film with an SR coating that was exterior installed and the film was flaking pretty badly.

[*]314027

youre right, flaking? film like that on exterior windows get so horrible, I had a lady with her storefront windows, it was a beauty parlor, it looked like a haunted house before going inside :thumb

Archived