3m question

yes I would defenatly seal it and also im not sure if 3m's blackout has a scratch resistant coating so u might want to check on that and tell the designer. Some of the other blackouts dont have SR coating and after you put it on it looks like a55 with all the scratches on it.

[*]313800

You wouldn't want an SR coating on exterior installed film. SR coatings absorb moisture so rain, and maybe even humidity in the air, would cause the SR coating to degrade. I've seen film with an SR coating that was exterior installed and the film was flaking pretty badly.

[*]314027

SR will break down from exposure to UV long before rain, wind or humidity ever could have anything to do with it.

vinyl on the other hand might do the trick for some reason, I dont know why but my friend is in the vinyl business and he's got a 10 year old truck, and has got black letters on it and its still in very good condition....I also seen a store we did 5 years ago, we tinted from inside and on top of that they had put on black vinyl with red letters and its still good :thumb

Archived