polished aluminum rims

Guest hawkinschevcadillac

Guest hawkinschevcadillac

I have a set of polished alum rims that are in need of some serious help. I used mothers polish and eagle 1 mag polish and these did an ok job. I was wondering if anyone knew of something that works better than those two polishes. My eagle 1 sales rep told me that a polish called bullet polish works way better but it's off the market. PLEASE HELP!!!!

Guest Anthony Orosco

Yes that's the first place to start. Is to make sure they are uncoated aluminum.

If you get black residue on your rags then you have uncoated aluminum, if you get no coloring then you have cleared aluminum.

English Custom are the best polishes I have used in a long, long time.

http://www.topoftheline.com/aluminum-chrom...tal-polish.html

Anthony

Guest Shineshop
I have a set of polished alum rims that are in need of some serious help.  I used mothers polish and eagle 1 mag polish and these did an ok job.  I was wondering if anyone knew of something that works better than those two polishes.  My eagle 1 sales rep told me that a polish called bullet polish works way better but it's off the market.  PLEASE HELP!!!!

[*]322967

You are more than likely going to need to polish them by machine to really get them looking good again judging by what you have already tried. I have had excellent results from using "Autosol" metal polish and a felt cone tip mandrel that you install on a drill or die grinder. Put some polish on the mandrel and start buffing. The power that you get will really dig out the oxidation and bring up a chrome like shine.

Guest mrpain

if polishing uncoated wheels, you can use a two step method,

with a polisher wheel.

green and white ruoge bars.

takes alittle work but the end result is verry good.

visit youre local truck stop, or local truck parts werehouse , they normally stock this materiel.good luck.

prepare to get really dirty if ur going to polish them

Archived