• France
    • Spain
    • Italy
    • Greece
    • East Europe (specify)
    • Other Europe (specify)
    • Former USSR
    • Close to Europe, but.....(specify)
    • Leo, You forget geography, where is my Motherland?

kohler, I designate you to tutor my son in geography :rollin

[*]324740

You think Young generation need geography :lol6 ?

[*]324742

More than ever. I don't want the American pilot to b*mb Switzerland looking for Afghanistan. :lol6 ( I saw a bit on TV where everybody knew Al Kheida and osama but nobody was able to point out Afghanistan on the map. They pointed on Israel, Switzerland and so on.)

I believe the more you know about the world and the different cultures the more we will understand, tolerate and like each other.

Mountainman understands the importance to know every inch of his mountain.

Show me around on your mountain and I tudor your son.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

kohler, I designate you to tutor my son in geography :rollin

[*]324740

You think Young generation need geography :lol6 ?

[*]324742

More than ever. I don't want the American pilot to b*mb Switzerland looking for Afghanistan. :lol6 ( I saw a bit on TV where everybody knew Al Kheida and osama but nobody was able to point out Afghanistan on the map. They pointed on Israel, Switzerland and so on.)

I believe the more you know about the world and the different cultures the more we will understand, tolerate and like each other.

Mountainman understands the importance to know every inch of his mountain.

Show me around on your mountain and I tudor your son.

[*]325397

It's tooo late Kohler.... Former Yougoslavia was bombed it's very close to Germany..And what was the reason???I think pilot simply don't know what he did. - he got an order and direction.Direction WHERE? - what's Yougoslavia for this pilot? What is germany for him? What is small Latvia? Small point on a map?....And if by mistake You will got this b*mb, world democart George will explain in UN, that it was simply human mistake."NO NOTHING GENERATION" is born and grow.

May be in America faster than in Europe - I :gasp But for example Galina told me, that have no idea about WW2....That sad.....They know MsDonald & Coca-Cola - but don't know where do they born....

I understand what you are saying. I am disappointed as well with what is happening to the younger generation. I just saw a report from a school doctor. She said that if they compare results from 20 years ago and now about the fitness of school children that for example today if they run for 5 minutes the distance they achieve is less than half. They fall down when they shall run backwards. In the gym some of them can't make the turn and run into the wall. Some years ago living in the US (wouldn't be different here) a 14 year old asked me around christmas time "why does it say happy birthday jesus on that window?" When I was 16 I haven't been travelling to the US or Spain or Cuba or Thailand or anywhere but I knew where those places are. Today they have been to all these places but don't know where they are.

Used to be: I don't know exactly the years when WW 2 took place.

Today: Oh, there was a world war? Where was it?

So, what to do? Do you have children?

I understand what you are saying. I am disappointed as well with what is happening to the younger generation. I just saw a report from a school doctor. She said that if they compare results from 20 years ago and now about the fitness of school children that for example today if they run for 5 minutes the distance they achieve is less than half. They fall down when they shall run backwards. In the gym some of them can't make the turn and run into the wall. Some years ago living in the US (wouldn't be different here) a 14 year old asked me around christmas time "why does it say happy birthday jesus on that window?" When I was 16 I haven't been travelling to the US or Spain or Cuba or Thailand or anywhere but I knew where those places are. Today they have been to all these places but don't know where they are.

Used to be: I don't know exactly the years when WW 2 took place.

Today: Oh, there was a world war? Where was it?

So, what to do? Do you have children?

[*]327816

That sad. And I also have million samples. As Galina as rep of this young generation some of pearls:

"Artificial caviar is much better than natural"

Today I asked her to buy a cream for coffee, natural Latvian (still possible to buy 35% fat here), she bought in aerosol package :dunno:lol6

Yes, they travel a lot...But when we travelled - for example me - I crossed all former USSR from West Coast (Kalinigrad/Konigsberg and it's area Pionersk, Baltisk, mamonovo, Kornevo e.t.c.) to east (Chukotka, Vladivostok) with no Coca-Cola and toilet paper :inot I sleep on North Ocean coast in mud..And I was happy...I have a flask with no water and some hairs on my head :beer Now :lol2 But may be Kohler we are simply old guyZ? :inot :lol2:lol2

But who are we critizising here? If we think there is a problem with the new generation, isn't it the fault of the old generation?

[*]327817

One moment ago I wrote same idea...But there was in one old russian poem, some 300 year ago.

Same idea was there: YOUNG GENERATION IS NOTHING. WE OLD GUYS ARE EVERYTHING.

How many generations grow since that time?

May be it's fault of every generation - which try to do next generation life better?

Archived