The mess

Guest Braud Spectrum

Guest Braud Spectrum

I realize Rita is over for the rest of the world but I got home this weekend to still no power and got to see the mess.

The good part of no power was that we have a cold front so it was cool to sleep with no AC... and is very romantic when the sun goes down with candles. :thumb I missed you all while cohabiting with five internet addicts. Took all the fun out of it with 10 eyeballs watching behind me anxiously awaiting their turn. :DD

I have some pics of what I returned to. This one is the oak that lost the limb back last year. Sheared off at the place where that limb used to be. Won't have to worry about falling limbs no more. :lol2

Guest Braud Spectrum

Power was restored Saturday after my weather head was fixed by a certified electrician.

Here's the tree in the back yard. I could only get about half at a time in the pic. The part across the driveway was removed by my brother in law while I was gone so I could at least get in when I got back.

post-112-1128963502.jpg

Guest Braud Spectrum

I sure can't TW. And yessiree I am still seeing the biker. He has no power so he's staying with me :thumb He's an architectural draftsman. He left for Baton Rouge this morning temporarily relocating till the building he works in Lake Charles La has power. :lol2

Might be a month before his at his house is restored. He'll be back on Friday. I have four weekends to look forward to. :DD

Guest Braud Spectrum

Me too TTC :poop

Direct TV said it'd be next Saturday before a service man could get here. :lol2 I adjusted the satellite myself so now my daughter can calm down. :DD

She took another pic of that tree while we were up on the deck messing with that. It took out four trees with it in that back yard. None hit his house either. :thumb

Guest Braud Spectrum

My brother in law who remained behind to ride the storm out also thoughtfully removed the contents of all our refrigerators and freezers two days after the storm so I barely had any smell. I cleaned the remaining juices that dripped from the melting ice in the dark by evening light the first day back and prayed those strange fried rice looking things stuck all over the interior walls were not maggots. :thumb Could have been alot worse.

You should see all the fridges and freezers out on the curb duct taped closed. I imagine they thought it just wasn't worth gagging over. :lol2

Lots of stuff still closed due to lack of employees that have not returned with no power. Quite a few big stores suffered extensive damage. Walls crumbed and signs tore all to pieces. Sonic's awing is twisted like a roller coaster. I saw several houses in my neighborhood with trees completely thru them. They are all over. Blue tarps on roofs every where. My sister had two fall on hers but both right on a corner. Everything fell south. Telephone poles down all over the place. My brother in law said it looked like a war zone the next day. Thousands of Energy company trucks from all over the US. Camping in parking lots and have tents set up. Some sleeping in their trucks.

It'll take a while to get back to normal but it's getting better every day. :DD I've already tinted two vehicles and I was really worried that would be the last thing on peoples minds in this situation. I'm sure there'll be tons of onesy's from flying debris.

My brother in law who remained behind to ride the storm out also thoughtfully removed the contents of all our refrigerators and freezers two days after the storm so I barely had any smell. I cleaned the remaining juices that dripped from the melting ice in the dark by evening light the first day back  and prayed those strange fried rice looking things stuck all over the interior walls were not maggots.  :thumb Could have been alot worse.

You should see all the fridges and freezers out on the curb duct taped closed. I imagine they thought it just wasn't worth gagging over.  :DD

Lots of stuff still closed due to lack of employees that have not returned with no power. Quite a few big stores suffered extensive damage. Walls crumbed and signs tore all to pieces. Sonic's awing is twisted like a roller coaster. I saw several houses in my neighborhood with trees completely thru them. They are all over.  Blue tarps on roofs every where. My sister had two fall on hers but both right on a corner. Everything fell south. Telephone poles down all over the place. My brother in law said it looked like a war zone the next day. Thousands of Energy company trucks from all over the US. Camping in parking lots and have tents set up. Some sleeping in their trucks.

It'll take a while to get back to normal but it's getting better every day. :poop I've already tinted two vehicles and I was really worried that would be the last thing on peoples minds  in this situation. I'm sure there'll be tons of onesy's from flying debris.

[*]325545

Same here B.S. I have had no luck posting pics on dialup! :lol2

Archived