Such thing as 40% tint

Guest 99Eclipse

Guest 99Eclipse

Hi all-

Well about a 1/2 hour ago I just got pulled over by the state trooper. A nicer one at least. I have 35% all the way around. The law is at least 50% on the sides. Yeah I thought I would chance it. Well my car is too flashy and that didn't help. The tint on my car actually registered 33%.

Is there such thing as 40 or 45% tint? I think if it would have been at least 40% on the 2 side windows he would have had no problem with it.

Please let me know of any sources if there are any.

Thanks much.

:spam

if you wer to add 60% to your car, adn assuming it has about 70% fcty tint that should drop you to 40-44% in reality.

adding 40% should drop you to 28%

if you had 35% on the glass it should read arround 25% unless it faded :spam but we all know tint dosn't fade :dunno

Guest 99Eclipse
There are lots of manufactuers that make 40% . You can get 40% from Sun-Gard in the Shadow series. If you like that brand.

[*]325762

Hey, thanks for your quick reply. I appreciate it. The stuff I have on my car is Llumar. I guess I don't mind having to redo the sides as they weren't such a pain as that dam back one was (Mitsu Eclipse). I will check out the Sun-Gard for sure. The car is a decked out showcar. I guess I could handle 40-43% tint, if the cops could of course.

Guest 99Eclipse

GEO- I understand what you're saying. I wasn't even thinking of the factory shade in the glass factor. So if I used 50% which is of course very common. It would probably be in the low 40's or so which is where I want to be. If I get a flat 40%, I'll be stuck some where in the mid to upper 30's which might not make the toopers very happy. I'm gonna check both of my options. He didn't give me any written 7 day warnings or anything.

GEO-  I understand what you're saying.  I wasn't even thinking of the factory shade in the glass factor.  So if I used 50% which is of course very common.  It would probably be in the low 40's or so which is where I want to be.  If I get a flat 40%, I'll be stuck some where in the mid to upper 30's which might not make the toopers very happy. I'm gonna check both of my options.  He didn't give me any written 7 day warnings or anything.

[*]325770

Yeah... the next time you may not come away clean. Best to comply using a 50% shade...

Guest 99Eclipse

Ok, I did enough research. Can any of you tell me of an online vendors(s) that carry Sun Gard and Solar Gard? I'm not a business as I'm in Info Technology as my career. I just want to buy a roll to do my cars and that's it. I'm good enough to do my own cars. I did alot of google search but only came up with business about the country that do tinting. I'm looking for online suppliers.

Thank you.

Guest Beeline
Hi all-

Well about a 1/2 hour ago I just got pulled over by the state trooper.  A nicer one at least.  I have 35% all the way around.  The law is at least 50% on the sides.  Yeah I thought I would chance it.  Well my car is too flashy and that didn't help.  The tint on my car actually registered 33%. 

Is there such thing as 40 or 45% tint?  I think if it would have been at least 40% on the 2 side windows  he would have had no problem with it.

Please let me know of any sources if there are any.

Thanks much.

:inot

[*]325760

:lol there is a film called advantage 39. it is a very neutral color.

GEO-  I understand what you're saying.  I wasn't even thinking of the factory shade in the glass factor.  So if I used 50% which is of course very common.  It would probably be in the low 40's or so which is where I want to be.  If I get a flat 40%, I'll be stuck some where in the mid to upper 30's which might not make the toopers very happy. I'm gonna check both of my options.  He didn't give me any written 7 day warnings or anything.

[*]325770

:dunno

Ill sell you some 50%

hay a $ is a $

Archived