Advice required if poss

Guest walestint

Guest walestint

Hi All

I am inting a conservatory roof at the moment. pretty straight forward, tricky corner bits etc, 27 inch width etc etc. Quite a large conservatory.

Problem has arisen as the seperating sections are beams sticking out 10 inches either side of the glass (not to mention wonky rubbers)

This is causing me problems to cut the film as the film is then at a right angle and with it being a thick film wont lay flat to ensure a true straight line. I use my factory edge no problem but its the other side and the point.

I hav tried to cut exact prior to aplying onto the glass but seems pretty much impossible...

Dont wanna give up but going through a bit of film at the moment without getting any on the roof!

I can use thier patio doors as a wall to cut exact the non factory edge and the base...is this the way forward?

Or do I persevere with the cut up on the glass method?

Or is their another one besides jack it in and say sorry I canna do it?

Is this a common problem with roof glass that has beams seperating that are so deep??

Hope you get my drift on this thread...

All comments welcome :lol6

Guest Solscreen

Welshtint, I have just finnished a conservatory last week, what I did was cut on the floor, laid a thick cloth, used a long straight edge, marked with marker pen,and used scissors to cut, I managed to cut perfect to size and just trimmed the bottom, came out great, I use to tint many jobs like that back in UK, and used much the same method, sometimes the triangles are pane, and you can waste a lot of film, I will ask TD to compress a picture or two, as I cant seem to work out how to post them.

Sol

Guest walestint

thanks for the advice there....

I am back there in a 2 days, I will think about having a go of that, my thought is to cut the film with a cutter I just bought from Johnsons to 1 ich over, use factory edge on long edge and either go for my trim on glass against nightmare beam (DN 20%) carefully or cut a straight on their patio acting as a glass wall a few mil in, so at least the gap is very minor and straight

my fear is if I get one right as I want it (good), I have to then do the rest!!!! :lol

:lol

Guest walestint
If you have access to a plotter you could cut the very close and save some hassle

[*]327383

good idea striper, yes I do, its omega 60 so only cuts 24 inch and I need 26 :lol

I think its down to a good steady hand and balls of steel! Dont wanna jack it as its a good earner and being true to the customer, they need tint!! not blinds!

Archived