tinting a sunroof ?

Girlfriend wants her sun/moon roof tinted in her new PT Cruiser. Its clear glass and not dot matrix. I remember reading somewhere that it was ok to tint sunroofs and then it wasn't ok to tint them cause they could collect heat and shatter. I have Llumar Jet 35%, 15% and 5%. she wants the 5% Can I do this without the sunroof shattering?

I have put 05% film on loads of sunroofs. I believe toughened glass will take the heat build up no problem. Same when tinting flat glass. :lol

Billy

[*]327537

Unless of course, the glass has a nickel-sulfide inclusion contaminant.

Putting a non metal film on a sunroof is like pizz gas into a fire... :lol

Put a 35 or 20% all metal film on that sun roof... the idea is to reject the sun, not attract it. :lol

I have put 05% film on loads of sunroofs. I believe toughened glass will take the heat build up no problem. Same when tinting flat glass. :lol

Billy

[*]327537

Unless of course, the glass has a nickel-sulfide inclusion contaminant.

Putting a non metal film on a sunroof is like pizz gas into a fire... :lol

Put a 35 or 20% all metal film on that sun roof... the idea is to reject the sun, not attract it. :lol

[*]327567

Well if you put it like that, I'd have to agree!!!

just becareful of how much water you use try no to get the headliner to soaked as it may stain if the car is old . even if the headliner is clean looking if it gets wet is may stain...so just becareful and don't get spray crazy...done a bunch with 5%

Archived