shop tools

Guest alphatinter

Guest alphatinter

Hi all, Im just starting out, and would like some info. Im going to setup shop in my garage, till I get the business to have a shop. What do I need? How big should my transfer glass be? How many rolls should I have on hand, Is that all I need, my tinting tools, heatgun, glass, and tint? am I missing anything?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest alphatinter

I must be missing somthing, I've been reading all week, and I have never seen a post about the size of transfer glass? or how much stock to have for a home based business....

Guest tintgod
I must be missing something, I've been reading all week, and I have never seen a post about the size of transfer glass? or how much stock to have for a home based business....

[*]328053

because most of the stuff you are asking is going to be all trial and error

I don't see what the big deal is about a guy asking a question even if it has been answered 200 times already. If we all did that, no new posts would ever occur and this website would come to a stop because I think everything has been covered more than once.

I say ask away, and if no one answers, then so be it, but there is no reason to turn a guy down and send him searching threw the archives of 10 billion posts. The whole point of a message board is to ask questions and answer them.

filmhandler.com

most film distributors sell tools as well, usually more expensive.

As far as how much film to keep in stock....depends on how many cars you can tint a day/week/month, what you can afford to sit on for the time being, and your customer flow. As said above, trial and error is the only way.

Guest alphatinter

Thank you tintnfool, and thanks mdog, I will check out a 36X72 peeling board. I agree with tintnfool, your reading the post, your replying, so why not just give the right answer, not "look through the post, and try and find what you need" Thanks again guys

Guest alphatinter
should someone actually be charging money for tinting if they have to ask what tools and supplies they need for the shop :wall

[*]328205

what do you think? why would you post somthing like that? what good is it? how did you open a shop? you were just born with tint in your mouth? NO, someone somewhere had to show you , and tell you what you needed.... Im not going to but tools today, and open shop tomorrow. Im just getting and Idea of what I will need. what an arse :ahole :ahole :wall

Archived