Proud of myself - Gotta brag :)

Got a call from an old friend of mine that heard I was tinting windows out of my garage now. She was asking me how to tint her car. She tells me she's been working on her brand new 2005 GTO read window for about 5 hours and cant get the bubbles out. I asked her to decribe them to me and she was talkign about fingers. I personally hadn't experienced fingers on a side window yet but maybe I just havent had any side windows that curved enough to produce them. I explained to her how to get rid of them and told her that I could take care of her job when she decides she's had enough. She's persistant on keeping it cheap so I asked her where she got her tint. She told me Murrays and spent $50 on it. (GILA). I laughed and told her a bit of knowledge and continued on with my day.

The next morning she called me up. After 7 hours of dinking with her 1st window she gave up and wanted to get her car done. She came over and I poped it out in my personal best 4 hours. Mind you this is only my 3rd car. (grand-am, mustang, GTO) I have 5 trucks under my belt too. She was so excited and loved the work. I was realy proud of myself as well cause I was able to do the whole job without wasting any film. 1 piece per window and only 1 small piece of hair in the back glass that she'll never even notice cause its right along a defroster line.

/brag off

She tells me she's been working on her brand new 2005 GTO rear window for about 5 hours and cant get the bubbles out.

She's persistent on keeping it cheap so I asked her where she got her tint.  She told me Murrays and spent $50 on it.

The next morning she called me up. After 7 hours of dinking with her 1st window she gave up

[*]328093

I've said it once ..I'll say it again..Why customers decide to spend all kinds of $$$ on a brand new car and accessories ..yet when it comes to the tint ..they just don't want to spend that little extra on a major alteration that can make or break the looks of their car.

Totally mystifies me :cool

Now that I said that..glad you were able to get her car looking great :cool

Thanks guys....

Yeah Z, business been slow. but I havent really been advertising. Working FT at the Hospital and now schools back in, going FT. I don't have that much time to tint. But yeah. I love to do it. I'm not going anywhere.

Trying to work some extra hours so I can insulate and drywall the garage before snow comes. But I want to buy a shed for behind the garage so I can get the lawn mower and summer BS out of the garage first.

Archived