NooB Question of the Day

Guest MidcoastMW

How can I minimize the air pockets along the defroster lines on a back window??

[*]329238

Minimize them in your mind... and the mind of the consumer.

Nature of the beast for a small or thin line of air to run next to the defrost line. Film will not stretch to reach, especially on lines that are high off the surface, and the adhesive is not thick enough, nor is it strong enough to keep the film in place under tension. The thinner the line coating, the thinner the film, the less you will see this phenomenon.

Guest MidcoastMW

no, Im just asking in general....... wondering if theres any heat/or squeeging trix to make it seal better. I kno there is always going to be a lil bit of air.

no, Im just asking in general....... wondering if theres any heat/or squeeging trix to make it seal better.  I kno there is always going to be a lil bit of air.

[*]329253

I run my fingernail down the lines, if it has dried enough. This takes time so I saved it for the Joe's that were overly 4|\|4L about the look. :what

no, Im just asking in general....... wondering if theres any heat/or squeeging trix to make it seal better.  I kno there is always going to be a lil bit of air.

[*]329253

I run my fingernail down the lines, if it has dried enough. This takes time so I saved it for the Joe's that were overly 4|\|4L about the look. :what

[*]329255

:what

Guest MidcoastMW
turn rear defrosters on.

[*]329258

Do you do this right after its all squeeged into place?? And how long do you leave the defroster on?

...I figured heat has got to help a bit

turn rear defrosters on.

[*]329258

Do you do this right after its all squeeged into place?? And how long do you leave the defroster on?

[*]329278

ahh dude,

dont do anything after its tinted, if you want to run by the defroster or touching it up, do it after a couple weeks when the film is dry, its not gonnna do nothing if you turn on the defrosters when film is fresh.. :poke:passout

Guest tint rookie
turn rear defrosters on.

[*]329258

[*]329278

ahh dude,

dont do anything after its tinted, if you want to run by the defroster or touching it up, do it after a couple weeks when the film is dry, its not gonnna do nothing if you turn on the defrosters when film is fresh.. :passout:poke

[*]329281

TINT right, not even urning on the defrosters would help you

Archived