Success

Guest Kustom_Tint

Guest Kustom_Tint

hi everyone, probably don't remember me, but I used to be known as fort_slider, forgot my password, anyways a couple years back when I first wanted to learn to tint, I came to this site, this site got me on my way, no question was left unanswered, so I practiced and practiced, finally I got the balls to go to a shop and show him wut I had, he was impressed for someone with no training, he did a window in front of me and put me on one, I came out good enough to send out of the shop, took me forever but I goot it, eventually went on to back windows, I joined the air for a few months later and ended up in clovis new mexico, went around and found work at a shop called 'Sorar Shield' my coworker Peter Macias visits this site often, don't know his username but if anyone knows please let me know, I'm in iraq right now, and I haven't really paid the dues that I should have paid by passing on hints and tricks, I know I'm a young tinter, and I know that most tinters believe you can never know everything, and I'm a firm believer in that, I will be 20 years old tomorrow, im still young I know, I met a wonderful girl in clovis and recently got married before my deployment to iraq, but I just wanted to stop in and say hi and thanks to everyone here that helped make me the tinter I am today, I can do a 4 door car anywhere between 35 mins-1 hour, depending on the car, so I think I'm moving along well for only being at the sport for 3 years, I have a chance to work with many great tinters, especially being in the military and contantly relocating, so I have many different approaches on many different vehicles as I'm sure all of you do, but I'll stop in as much as I can to help newbies and keep up to date, thanks again.

Guest Kustom_Tint

when I first came to this site before I knew what the hell the tinting world was all about, I got chewed out as well 'needless to say' because I came in with the additude that I just want to know how to do a back window, I can get it the first time, I'm a trial and error learner as most are, but I always have the learn the hard way, I thought I could do a back window the first time :spit but that didn't happen, it took a couple of weeks to perfect, but I'm going to be coming on here whenever I get down time to post and reply, the military has shown me a whole new meaning of the word RESPECT, in that aspect I respect each and everyone of you that make a career off of tinting windows, because it's a great career, and I enjoy doing it, the money is great but I love tinting windows, think about it this way IF YOU FIND SOMETHING YOU LOVE TO DO, YOU'LL NEVER HAVE TO WORK A DAY IN YOUR LIFE that's how I try to think of it, but I consider myself as having 2 careers, tinting and serving my country, because every single day when I get off work at the base, I go straight to the shop, and even work at the shop sometimes on weekends by myself to catch things up.

IF YOU FIND SOMETHING YOU LOVE TO DO, YOU'LL NEVER HAVE TO WORK A DAY IN YOUR LIFE  that's how I try to think of it

[*]329752

I'm kinda the some way..only difference is after all these yrs, I can honestly say I DON'T love tinting, however , I LOVE the freedom and time flexibility it has given me to do most of the things in life I enjoy which without this business I'd probably be chained to some desk pushing a pencil wearing a monkey suit...a fate worse than a slow painful death IMO :spit

Guest Kustom_Tint

ohhhhh buddy there's no tinting here, if I leave base I got my m16 and my knife, but not my olfa :spit but I worked part time for solar shielf for about a year before I left, still got my position when I return

Guest tint rookie

the military..... talk about learning routine the hard way.

glad to hear your doing well (as well as to be expected, dodging bullets and all)

hurry up and get back to the states.

youre prob gonna have a week of ugly installs with all the sand in dirt in yo ass.

ive been doing quite a few brand new trucks for wives, mommas, and g/f's of boys over there. never been driven other than off the lot or to be modded up. making sure their men have pimp rides when they get home. really fcukin cool if you asked me.

like I said, hurry up and get home, we'll try to leave you some work.

Archived