1995 Ford Explorer

Guest MidcoastMW

Guest MidcoastMW

...........My buddys 95 Eplorer has funky rear glass. It has a factory smoked tint to it. Im dunno what it is, or what it's for really...but it gives off almost a silver-bluish hue, not black like most SUV's. This is like a lexus SUV. You veteran tinterz should know exactly what Im talkin bout.

My question is:

Is it safe to use a heat gun on this glass??

And..will it look goofy if I put tint over that??? Will you still see the silver-hue'ness??

if it's the shiney factory tint, anything you put behind it is gonna make it darker but still shiney, I usually put 35% platinum(or something similar) on the fronts and 20% smoke behind the backs, it looks pretty close. Other than that its tempered glass, safe to use heat gun. Be careful not to scratch the inside of the glass, some coatings will scratch.

Archived