Red, Blue, Yellow, Black..........

Guest redgtxdi

Guest redgtxdi

Well, like it says............I have an old collection of bondo spreaders......(yellow, whimpy, etc.) and I noticed one of 'em scratched up a quarter pretty good yesterday when I was fightin' a finger.......(didn't see the scratches 'til this morning in good light).

When I searched cards & squeegees, I found a lot of color reference, but the only thing I found commong was the "blue max".

(Do I dare start a Blue Max vs. Orange Crush thread?)......LOL!!!!

So, when somebody says, "I start w/ a Red, then go Yellow,etc. etc..........are they talking the "Power STroke" squeegees I see on filmhandler.com??? Or are they talking about the hard cards???? And if so, which hard cards????????

(I had one old-school white 3M hard card from about 15 years ago y'all would've laughed at, but I can't find it to save my life, so between my bondo spreaders scratchin' & old tools bein' lost, I think I'll bite the bullet & buy a couple nice things.

TIA

Guest redgtxdi

Hmmmm.........OK.

& since the smallest yellow I see is a 9", I assume they're quite popular to cut in half, thirds, etc.????

Is the plain old black rubber squeegee (looked like a windshield wiper blade) passe'??????????

I used to have a couple cut juuuust right from 12" stock & swear I could almost do a window start to finish minus a hard card.........(I think I liked that it was damn near impossible to scratch ANY film w/ 'em.)

I use black a lot. For hard-cards, I prefer the grey, which I think is the hardest. I have always wrapped the card with a thin towel, so there is no issue with scratching. If I use the lil' chizzler for small quarter glass corners, I am not as concerned with scratching (since these areas are normally covered with the gasket).

Guest redgtxdi
I use black a lot.  For hard-cards, I prefer the grey, which I think is the hardest.  I have always wrapped the card with a thin towel, so there is no issue with scratching.  If I use the lil' chizzler for small quarter glass corners, I am not as concerned with scratching (since these areas are normally covered with the gasket).

[*]332743

Aaaahhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! You little scratch hider, you!!! :hmmm

Ya, that little chizzler looks pretty cool..........well........err.......except it's pink...... :hmmm J/K

I'm thinkin' black, grey hard card, blue max & chizler would be an ideal setup for my style!! (I could probably trade grey hard for bluemax, but havin' both would just be nice, I suppose) :lol

Guest redgtxdi

Hmmmmmm...........I was lookin' for the good old fashioned black wiper squeegee.....(ya know....the rubber one you just cut up)......but I don't see it on filmhandler.com. ????????????/

Also.........is the little chizler *better* per se than some of the triangles shown on this page

http://www.filmhandler.com/index.cfm?fusea...&SubCat_Code=MS

or pretty much same kinda' thing, different color? :beer

(I had one old-school white 3M hard card from about 15 years ago y'all would've laughed at, but I can't find it to save my life, so between my bondo spreaders scratchin' & old tools bein' lost, I think I'll bite the bullet & buy a couple nice things.

TIA

[*]332718

There is a white bondo card available but not the 3M version at My Webpage

As for your comments later about the yellow turbo, you can purchase these in sizes of 18.5", 5.5" or 3.5" if you want tthe smaller ones with the angles pre-cut on the turbo's. My Webpage

You also ask about the black squeegee for cleaning, with that one you have options of 28" w/handle or 28" w/o handle, 9", 4", or 4" with angle.

My Webpage

If you search the site you can also find a new little stiffer chizzler that is white. There are all of the hard/bondo/diamond tip cards that you need, along with assorted other squeegees and turbos for all of your installation enjoyment.

Archived