Scratches on glass

Guest uniqueimage

Guest uniqueimage

Ok, one of my employees scratched a customers glass when cutting the film. Is there a way to get this fixed without buying a new glass? There are lines on the outside of the glass. It was a brand new altima so I don't think they were there before.

The rule of thumb (others here can verify if I'm wrong or not) If you can't feel the scratch with your fingernail, you may be able to buff it out with a creme that jewlery stores carry with elbow grease .

If you CAN feel the scratch with your fingernail..your buying a new pane of glass

Guest uniqueimage

My shop at one point only did mobile electronics. I expanded about two years ago but man its hard as hell to find a good tinter and keep him. So I had to step up to the plate and learn it. What else could I do??? I have a part-timer coming and doing work. How did he do that anyway? I've never experienced that.

I have a part-timer coming and doing work. How did he do that anyway? I've never experienced that.

[*]334712

Where do I start .. :rollin

Not using stainless steel blades

Not "snapping his blade enough whe nit dulls

Not holding knife at proper angle

Pushing too hard

There IS a bit of a knack to cutting out patterns..it's a "feel" thing which only experience can ge you through all the degrees of softness of different glass..not all gladd is the same :thumb

The rule of thumb (others here can verify if I'm wrong or not) If you can't feel the scratch with your fingernail, you may be able to buff it out with a creme that jewlery stores carry with elbow grease .

If you CAN feel the scratch with your fingernail..your buying a new pane of glass

[*]334690

I have a part-timer coming and doing work. How did he do that anyway? I've never experienced that.

[*]334712

Where do I start .. :please

Pushing too hard

There IS a bit of a knack to cutting out patterns..it's a "feel" thing which only experience can ge you through all the degrees of softness of different glass..not all gladd is the same :lol6

[*]334713

:evileye

Guest Sprinter

I start out with a fresh blade and the rear window in 10- years I think I've only scratched the rear glass 3 times, I remember cleaning off the outside of one to discover cut marks already on the glass with out any film on the car perfect pattern all the way around, turned that one into mr customer before proceeding.

Guest Beeline

:gasp:music:whisper

[*]334690

[*]334712

Where do I start .. :hmmm

Pushing too hard

There IS a bit of a knack to cutting out patterns..it's a "feel" thing which only experience can ge you through all the degrees of softness of different glass..not all gladd is the same :gasp

[*]334713

:gasp

[*]334845

Archived