Scratches on glass

Guest uniqueimage

Guest redgtxdi

Ya, I'm gonna go out on a limb here & say..........."You're gonna scratch glass eventually!"

Sorry........this coming from me......a guy who prefers razor blades. I've probably made as many scratches myself. To be honest......in most cases you can't even see 'em.

Now, if everything you do is 5% film, then you're gonna see A LOT of stuff.

I recently read a post here about folks in Japan only using carbon blades.......(a big no-no, right?).....yet I've seen plenty of Japanese show cars & they look freakin' good. I'm guessing there are plenty of folks makin' scratches *with* stainless, not makin' scratches with *carbon*, workin' with anything under the sun, etc.

It's not what you can do to *prevent* them, it's what can you do to *minimize* them.

This is only my .02......take it for what you want. :lol6

Guest jparizek

I member one time I tinted an old @#$% civic, had to strip and retint cuz the job before it was by some no-brainer that didnt know what he was doin, the glass was already scratched on the outside of the rear glass. 2 days after the install, he comes back and says I scratched the glass, I say, no, I didnt, back and forth, so I take him outside and give him my knife and say, go for it, try to scratch it, he wouldnt so I went to town on that b*tch and nothing, he was speechless and left. :lol6

have'nt posted in a while, summer time busy and all. came on tonite to see if any body had solutions on this same topic. (what a cowinkydink) I etched back glass on 2006 corolla 1/2 " long, can't feel it with finger nail. also, same car, cut the fritz on front windshield. is buffing the back glass an option. any ideas on fixing fritz. suffice to say it was a very,very bad day.

Archived