tint rookie's rock crawling adventures

Guest VOLTRON

what in the hell was the purpose of trying to cross that pond?

fuked up a good offroad truck for somethin stupid, those little cherokees when properly set up are very capable on the rock crawls.

Guest tint rookie

see thats what happens when you try to 4x a SUV.... all those luxuries did him how much good? NADA. (well maybe the heated seats helped thaw it out)

I coulda made it in my YJ. or my old 'yota.

funny post though, your timing is impecable. I made some time this afternoon to go play in the fresh mud.

Guest VOLTRON

the cherokee is a very capable suv, it has a little longer wheelbase then the yj, when I had my cj7 there were certain times that my short wheelbase was a problem.

I think th xj (cherokee) is one of the better offroad vehicles, it is small, light, solid front axle, and with the right lift kit you can get 21 inches of wheel travel out of it, now thats not a huge amount considering the sniper and custom built 4x4's but it is damn good for a production vehicle.

Only thing bad about the xj is that it is a unibody frame so you cant do a body lift. it takes 6 inches of lift to get 33's underneath it.

Guest nautiboi73
the cherokee is a very capable suv, it has a little longer wheelbase then the yj, when I had my cj7 there were certain times that my short wheelbase was a problem.

I think th xj (cherokee) is one of the better offroad vehicles, it is small, light, solid front axle, and with the right lift kit you can get 21 inches of wheel travel out of it, now thats not a huge amount considering the sniper and custom built 4x4's but it is damn good for a production vehicle.

Only thing bad about the xj is that it is a unibody frame so you cant do a body lift. it takes 6 inches of lift to get 33's underneath it.

[*]335597

Guest tint rookie

didnt know you were a jeeper voltron.

agree, there re plenty of times for longer wheel base.

overall thrashin around, gimme the short though. like the squirliness, and being able to get it back more often. I feel like I have a bch more of time to get her back straight. long wheels once that weight is around on ya, theres more momentum to overcome to whip her back in line.

cmon now, do you really see me having the patience for crawling?

Archived