Gotta love it....

This happens to me about once per year, and I love it. I h@te removing film, but when the customer calls and is willing to pay me to remove and redo his car 'cause he is not pleased with the quality of the job that was done at my nearest competitor, I am a happy person! :fdup :lol6

I think it was done just a month ago or so, from how he was talking. I didn't ask him specifically. I just hope that there isn't too much glue to deal with.

I just re-did a couple of door windows for a customer today who had it done at a competitor. Only difference was, she just wanted it lighter... had no problem with the quality. I think that was done at a different comp. than this other guy, 'cause the job looked nice, I even asked her if I was the one who originally tinted it. It looked like one of my jobs.

The film peeled excellent, leaving very little glue behind. I hope this other full-replacement job peels that easy. If that's the case, I'm sure the guy will be happy when he leaves.

Guest Tint Wiz

This happened to me about 4 weeks ago ,local tinter tinted a 4x4 he will not be named ,this guy took his 4x4 to be done ,he went back no less than 3 times ,and was still not happy rang me up got him to come down to me :fdup it was a bad job badly cut rubbers, contamination, creases you name and even cuts on the rear screen on the heater line :lol6 got his money back and paid me to take it off and retint it professionally and this tinter still under cuts me by a large amount :lol why do customers think cheaper is best but it is a good feeling when they come back with a @#$% job from @#$% tinters r them :lol2

Guest redgtxdi
The film peeled excellent, leaving very little glue behind.  I hope this other full-replacement job peels that easy.  If that's the case, I'm sure the guy will be happy when he leaves.

[*]336168

Is there anything in particular that you can do to change what amount of glue will be left behind??? Or perhaps I should say......how easily it would peel off down the road???

I'd assume that'd be up to the film mfgr, but perhaps not exclusively???

Oh yeah... I have thought of that. I have had my share of them too. I am not too worried though... if it was done by the place I think it was, then I have seen their jobs in the recent past. I re-did a full extended-cab truck for a guy last summer that was done there... the thing had terrible light gaps and contamination, especially on the back slider.

Guest Sprinter
The film peeled excellent, leaving very little glue behind.? I hope this other full-replacement job peels that easy.? If that's the case, I'm sure the guy will be happy when he leaves.

[*]336168

Is there anything in particular that you can do to change what amount of glue will be left behind??? Or perhaps I should say......how easily it would peel off down the road???

I'd assume that'd be up to the film mfgr, but perhaps not exclusively???

[*]336205

I'd have to say no, on new film applied I know with suntek it will leave the glue behind after 2 hours in the sun, on older installs sometimes a steamer will help.

Guest Sprinter

I had to do just that the other day a lexus rx 330 suv the old couple called me to strip the rear window cause its now to dark for them to see out since she hit something. I was'nt sure how well the film would come off it was overcast and parked in the garage I tinted it about 3 months ago, I took a look at it and what a pretty job it was it had one speck in the whole window I got out my bone and started to pry an edge up to see if I would need a steamer but once I got the edge going and was peeling very slowly and it all came off with no glue left behind :spit

Archived