Hey guys...I need your help.

We have got onto a US summer program that wants young Aussies to be camp counsellors to look after your kids whilst on summer vacs.

This seems to be quite a good idea.. worldly experience and all.

Do all you Americans take your kids to these camps and dump 'em for 12 weeks?? :fdup It looks a huge business right across your nation! I'm having trouble getting my head around it. :lol6

Young Devil could end up possibly along the East Coast of the USA somewhere. We've just go to get him there and they pay him as well.

What do you think of it? would it be good?

Cheers,

Devil

I think it would be a great growing experience for the kid. MY suggestion would be to study the organizers very good and check them out. Lots of crazies in the world nowadays.

Good luck :dunno

[*]336304

:lol2

We sent my youngest daughter to a horse riding camp 2 years ago. My wife found them on the internet and they seemed very professional over the INTERNET. They said they were christion, affliated with the local college, and had a very tight scheduel riding as well as class room time.

We took her there on a sunday night and did not here from her until wednersday night (she called us).

She said she was having fun, but could not lift her right arm very high. She informed us that she fell off a COW.

I called the owner of this place the next morning and asked her to check on my daughter.

She called me later that day and said "I pulled some strings at the hospital and by-passed the ER and had her rad. tek look at her and she is fine". (note: theres more then just bones that can be damaged :lol2 ).

Long story short, my daughter got a boken arm in the growth plate area falling off a damned COW. She was told she had to ride it if she wanted to jump a horse.

The kids only got about an hour of class room time the whole week. They rode horses about 1 1/2 every day, and the worked the rest of the day cleaning out stalles. Their dinners were TV dinners that they had to fix them selfs. And to top it off, she was asked to retrieve cigarettes for her camp councelor :lol6

When I pick her up she said that I was going to sue them, those words never came out of my mouth (not until months later).

The attorneys will not touch this unless we go after the Big $$$$ , which is not my style. Alls I want is the out of pocket med, and a refund on the camp. They won't do that and the attorneys won't touch it for peanuts.

All in all, my daughter is fine now and her parents are a little smarter.

Archived