Panel Pullers

Guest jparizek

waste of time. if anything, get some plastic shims from your tint dist. to keep the water out of the felt on the lower gasket to keep it from sucking up into the bottom of the film. I use to use them, not anymore though.

Now if you consider that too much effort then I don't know what's wrong with you :coffee

Devil

[*]337827

Simply answered..I do many of these cars for a new car dealer ..he's very fussy. These cars havn't even been sold yet .

In his mind if I can produce the same clean job keeping the panels in "virgin " condition (no prying out of clips ) as apposed t oanothe installer who wants to remove the whole panel for the same job..he's going to prefere my way.

Yes it's easy to remove the rest of the panel on that particular car...just not nessesary ..if he'd prefere I remove it.then I would ..if it was nessesary..then I would ..but it's not ..I don't have to..so why do it when I know it'll bother this particular dealer..

Nothing wrong with me ... nothing about "too much effort".

only making a customer happy in this particular case ..In my area I've hardly ever done a Mazda 3 of the street , however many many through the dealer B4 sold.

Too much effort incinuates a drop in quality for lack of work..which is completly opposite of what I stated earlier..I prefere not unessesarily taking off electric window switches and having them not hanging down (positioned where they are suppose to be for using them during procedure ...who wouldn't if the quality is the same ..that my friend isn't an issue of wanting t otake th extra 1 minute per panel ( I got all the time in the world) that is about having the panel in the state that I prefere to work with in the first place (on that particular car) :coffee

waste of time.  if anything, get some plastic shims from your tint dist. to keep the water out of the felt on the lower gasket to keep it from sucking up into the bottom of the film.  I use to use them, not anymore though.

[*]337830

I don't know man ..there are some cars out there that the gaskets are just too tight or the panel scoops up towards closer to the mirror end for a clean install IMO

how the heck can you do some Ford Rangers without pulling the panel...or the gasket at least..the gaskets on some of those trucks I've seen 1/2 an inch ABOVE the outside gasket ..I havn't seen a gasket wizard or gasket tool that can make it past the plastic "hump" of the panel and dig down deep enough to pull it all the way back to be able to slip the film al the way down whe nthe panel removes very quickly :coffee

to make the installation that much easier? :coffee

Agreed though

Devil

[*]337827

I forgot to add..this is where I agree with you ...which was my whole point..if removing the whole panel DOES make it easier for you by all means spend the extra min. to remove the whole thing ..I respect a inter that doesn't take a short cut in sacrifice of quality as long as it's recongnized that I also am cut from the same cloth..quality first..short cuts second :coffee

I pull panels for quality and ease of installation.

I don't screw around pulling whole panels on cars where just the gasket is easily pulled, and I hang all pulled panels on the inside door handle... so I don't have to remove any electric window/lock switches.

Archived