Starting out

Guest sa tinter

Guest sa tinter

Have been doing tinting for a few years and want to broaden the scope of work.

Received a sample from venture tape paint protection.

Didnt receive any instuctions with this - and in South Africa it is still new - not any guys with

experience that I know of. Anyway, I followed the basic principles of installing tinting film.

You know - cleaning the surface extremely well - squeegie etc.

Then adding a soapie solution on the back of the film - well you get th ehang of it.

Am I very far out ? Some help on basiscs please!!!!

Can I use the heat gun to mold the roundings etc. Most of the customers have asked for

strips of film and I dont intend to perform a full wrap - I just need to cover those areas very

likely to get em stone chips. So I will not buy kits only rolls.

What do you think about venture film as a product - any good!

Luckily only worked on my own car thus far - need to practice and get basics right for a few months.

this is a touchy subject here. Dont ask about specific brands or things will get shaken up. As far as installation..... only reason not to use kits is to cover areas not designed with kits (like rockers and wheel wells on most cars, A-pillars etc), or just hood fender areas. If you are douing bumpers, use kits, saves u ton of time and not much different than wrapping, and U dont have to worry about cutting the paint. Go to any of the PPF websiteas and you can find installation directions to help you.

Archived