Mobile tinting at an auto dealership

Guest shadetree

Guest VOLTRON

yea you will have a bunch of mechanics come up to you and act like they know what they are talking about, and all the people that are watching you like TintDesign said, they dont know what they are looking at just make sure the final product looks good, even if you have to spend more time on it or redo a window or 2.

If the finished product looks good then you will get some more business out of it. Hell go to the service manager and talk to him and show him what the car looks like after it is finished and talk to him about tinting sold units or tinting all the units on the lot.

Guest shadetree

Awesome! Thanks all for the replies. :spam

Yes. I'm going to allow myself plenty of time and get into my zone. I don't care how long it takes. I want everyone to look and say, "nice." That's my goal.

I'll let you all know how it goes. I'll probably set it up after turkey day.

Have a great Thankgiving everyone......

:spam:hmmm

Guest ShadyKat
For you mobile guys,

A spouse of a friend of mine at work is a mechanic at one of the local GM dealerships.  He just bought a new vehicle and says he can get me a bay if I would like to do my install for him there.  Normally, in the winter I don't touch a peice of film because my garage environment is not favorable, but I told him that I would do it. 

Honestly, I'm a little nervous.  I'm not real sure what I'll be working with, but appartently they've had tinters do installs there before, so I know it's possible, and I really want the exposure.

Right now, all I can think of is all the people that will be watching me.  :hmmm  I'm not sure if I'm ready for that.

Just wondering if any of you would have a quick tip on maybe some of the unexpected before I walk in there.  :spam

I'm gonna bring:

Door panel tools

Extra R.O. water

Sprayers

B/S

Peel Board

Heat Gun

Extra Film

ALL my cards

Knives

Towels

Ivory

oh, and business cards.

What I'm I forgetting?

Thanks All,

:hmmm  Mobile Virgin  :spam

[*]340234

Pay attention to your work, focus on what you are doing and nothing else. I am totally new to tint and I offer a mobile service. Last week I was removing and retinting a 94 Chevy step side at a house that a party was going on at; I was so focused on the job I did not even notice the crowd that had gathered. It seems about half the people found it fascinating to watch me work and the truth is I had no idea they where there. When I was done, I picked up two tint and one sign/logo jobs

stay on target :lol2

Guest shadetree

Well, I did it!

Everything worked out great. It was nice and toasty warm in there. The lighting was good. No one really bothered me. No one asked me if the film really goes on the outside. :lol

I felt a lot of eyes watching me at first, especially while I was yanking seals out of a brand new vehicle. Then, I totally got into my zone and felt comfortable. And I picked up two more potential customers while I was there. :nope

Those mechanics are crazy though! It's a huge place, and they're driving cars around inside, squeeling the tires. :lol:nope

Thank you all for your input. It was really helpful. :lol

peace.....

Archived