Mobile tinting at an auto dealership

Guest shadetree

Guest shadetree

For you mobile guys,

A spouse of a friend of mine at work is a mechanic at one of the local GM dealerships. He just bought a new vehicle and says he can get me a bay if I would like to do my install for him there. Normally, in the winter I don't touch a peice of film because my garage environment is not favorable, but I told him that I would do it.

Honestly, I'm a little nervous. I'm not real sure what I'll be working with, but appartently they've had tinters do installs there before, so I know it's possible, and I really want the exposure.

Right now, all I can think of is all the people that will be watching me. :hmmm I'm not sure if I'm ready for that.

Just wondering if any of you would have a quick tip on maybe some of the unexpected before I walk in there. :bingo

I'm gonna bring:

Door panel tools

Extra R.O. water

Sprayers

B/S

Peel Board

Heat Gun

Extra Film

ALL my cards

Knives

Towels

Ivory

oh, and business cards.

What I'm I forgetting?

Thanks All,

:hmmm Mobile Virgin :hmmm

Just take everything that you would use on an average install. If you need extra tools for removing panels for instance... they should be able to help you out there.

I can fit just about everything I need in my tool belt, and a small soft tool bag. Only extra things besides those two bags are my sprayer, film, and yard/meter stick.

I have a mate who has been doing that at just one dealer for years.

He has his own little setup there, (wouldn't do me) but it's like home for him.

Worth a cool 100K a year and he uses virtually eveything of theirs.

Even has a key to the joint so he can come and go as he pleases. :lol

Devil

Archived