06 Corrolla rear deck

Guest ShadyKat

A bulldozer works well for those without removal.

If you want to take the shelf out, you have to take the C pillar covers off. Remove the door trim edging and then pop the four or five plastic push pins with a long pry bar. ( or just yank it ) Be careful on the pass side one as it has an electronic box behind it.  The brake light wire has a white connector on the right side under the shelf, that you will see. I don't remember but that will not come out of the vehicle without removing a seat belt. Just roll it forward onto the floor. :dunno

[*]340740

careful about "yanking" that deck, I did one last year and pulled a chunk out of the deck!!! Now I use a butter knife or panel puller to pop the pops across the top of the deck the slide it out...

So destroyed the back deck the first time I did this car..The plastic is extremely brittle!! I dont reomend pulling the deck out...I was able to fix it and had to have a body shope glue it all back togeather...but when I took it down to the body shop they laughed cause this wasnt the first one of these decks they had seen in a million pieces...So word of warning the decks are made of some crap plactic and well unless you pop it out right under clips then your likely to bust that suka

Archived