06 Corrolla rear deck

Guest ShadyKat

Guest ShadyKat

I was wondering can the corrola's back glass be tinted without removal of the rear deck. And if not what am I miissing,

I have removed all screws, pushed the plastic retainers up in the rear deck. The deck moves up and down but will not come out. Question: Do I have to pull the side panels out and if so any tips as how not to break anything.

I'm an old aircraft mechanic and used to puling on Titanium panels, they don't break just fllex a little

no ....you can get a lot of thin squeegees in there

that light is not nearly as tough as the newer civics

you should be able to pull one of the rear side panels to get the deck out if need be

Guest Al-tint

A bulldozer works well for those without removal.

If you want to take the shelf out, you have to take the C pillar covers off. Remove the door trim edging and then pop the four or five plastic push pins with a long pry bar. ( or just yank it ) Be careful on the pass side one as it has an electronic box behind it. The brake light wire has a white connector on the right side under the shelf, that you will see. I don't remember but that will not come out of the vehicle without removing a seat belt. Just roll it forward onto the floor. :coffee

Guest ShadyKat

Apologizes, for taking so long to reply but I don?t like posting anything online from my other job. That said, Thanks for the ideas, I have already picked up a bulldozer and some panel removal tools, Lisle tool corporation makes 5 or 6 different panel/ door tools (all available from Northern Tool) at a reasonable price.

Guest ShadyKat
Have you got a photo of one?

Just want to know if we have that model downunder?

Devil :lol2

[*]340716

Yes I can but it will take a day or two. You want a photo of the car the deck or both?

Shadykat

Guest redgtxdi

On this same topic..........

Is there anything weird about the glass along the top of a current-model Corolla back glass????

I saw one today......(05/06).......that was silver & had EXTREMELY reflective tint on it. (I didn't really like it as I prefer NR, but I guess this person liked it).

Anyway, it had the name of the tint shop in the small rear-quarter glass, but as it passed me slowly in the other lane, I noticed the top of the rear back glass had about 6 or 7 vertical lines that were about 3 or 4 inches long coming from the top down. Definitely looked like separation there as the bubbles left by the lines weren't just like *defroster* thickness................they were like 1/2" or more thick!!!!

WTF is that all about??????

Archived