Certificate for front roll ups re: percentage law

Guest walestint

Guest walestint

Today

Guy wanting a toyota previa (yuk) tinted to 5% rear and legal on front (70%).

He phoned the local VOSA ministry guy regarding what is within the law. :rest

He said to this guy to get me to provide him with a certificate stating I have tested his now tinted front windows and they are to 70% or above VLT.

With a slight tint on the glass already as we all know its gonna bring it under 70%.

I have no invested in (is it an investment!) a light meter. I use johnsons films for the 70%, I think llumar do a 78%.

Dont want to rattle the local VOSA guy as I am the only tinter shop in a wide area....

Anyone else had to be 'certified'?? :eyebrows

Do I go up a few percent and get 78% vlt?

Get a light meter and some lovely certificates??

I think I sought of know the answer but be good to hear if anyone else had had this sought of thing occur.....

happy tinting! :thumb

Guest tint rookie

if they are gonna be that strict and your runnin legal. you have nothing to worry about.

if the VOSA guy wants to show up at your door or mail a letter requesting certification. then id consider it. after checkin with other local (or in your case not so local shops) in the same juristiction. to see if they are being forced into the same "certification program". just call and ask if they are certified. dont need to say who you are. and ask some baited ?'s

its amazing, how govt. agencies will go out of thier way to get a dime from the private sector.

70net is so weak.

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

yeah I install 70% and tell the customer it is only legal if your factory glass is completely clear. I also tell them that it is the lightest tint I carry and that I have never had one single customer come back with a ticket for that shade, therefore it is their own discretion.

Am I wrong for that?

Guest Diamond Tints
Today

He phoned the local VOSA ministry guy regarding what is within the law.  :lol2

He said to this guy to get me to provide him with a certificate stating I have tested his now tinted front windows and they are to 70% or above VLT.

With a slight tint on the glass already as we all know its gonna bring it under 70%.

I have no invested in (is it an investment!) a light meter. I use johnsons films for the 70%, I think llumar do a 78%.

Dont want to rattle the local VOSA guy as I am the only tinter shop in a wide area....

Anyone else had to be 'certified'??  :rest

I think I sought of know the answer but be good to hear if anyone else had had this sought of thing occur.....

happy tinting!  :thumb

[*]341343

Thing is here about 95% of cars come with 70% on the front as standard, and for the cars that don't are they worth getting tinted in the first place

Now if you are really honest adding a 70% or 78% tint is totally and utterly pointless and will look no different as for certificate what does this mean exactly vosa will accept 45% and above(on there own leaflets) so I will say to people ANY TINT applied forward of the posts is !llegal but if you put on a 50% on to the manufactures tint it will be an advise only to remove and not a demand and what you say about adding a 70% will bring it just under what about lots of french cars where as the standard glass is reading 68% is renault going to do a massive recall on all there cars :rest I think not

:eyebrows

Guest Sprinter

any of the levels of tint you put on there will help hold off the sun a bit as compared to the no tint thats on there now.:broken

I would get a meter and what ever tint that makes it perfectly legal for your area.

Everyone :lol2

VOSA requesting Certificate from Tintshop for customer is new?

This one has been done to death. Advise customer front side window tinting is !llegal and you will only put a 50% on as per Tintboy. Customer is the one who bears brunt despite what everyone says about disclaimers.

This is still a gray area : :dunno no pun intended - how did they arrive at 70% how do VOSA justify 45% as a warn only? Why do some police forces say it is not against the law to restrict vision into a car the issue is visibility from the inside out? Prosecution for which may only take place if it is a contributing factor in an accident?

There are court cases underway? Keep it light and we will still have an industry.

:lol2

Guest streetsounds
Today

He phoned the local VOSA ministry guy regarding what is within the law.  :lol2

Anyone else had to be 'certified'??  :)

happy tinting!  :)

[*]341343

who the hell calls those people n e way and does he really think n e one is going to pull him over for 70% what a @#$%

Archived