Removing Safety Film

I got some good money to just remove 4 mil safety film from 30+ windows at a computer store.

Its anchored down with that DuPont black adhesive and it looks like R35. When I try to strip it the two layers (silver and thick clear) seperate and the 4 mil clear breaks up when I pull on it. Is there an easier way? any presoaking or steaming trick?

Also what is a readily available adhesive remover? Simple green? I have SD-20 but its in small spraycans I need something by the Gallon

I got some good money to just remove 4 mil safety film from 30+ windows at a computer store.

[*]341931

:lol2 Let us know how good AFTER you get it all off.

It really sucks doesn't it, good luck with it JT :dunno

nothing works but determination with that shiot. I cut it in 6 to 8 " strips on the window and try to get the film off without delamming and the the adhesive seems easy after that :lol2 Spray that sucker down with windex or something and start scraping that gorrilla snot off :lol2

[*]341931

:krazy Let us know how good AFTER you get it all off.

It really sucks doesn't it, good luck with it JT :eyebrows

nothing works but determination with that shiot. I cut it in 6 to 8 " strips on the window and try to get the film off without delamming and the the adhesive seems easy after that :eyebrows Spray that sucker down with windex or something and start scraping that gorrilla snot off :krazy

[*]341970

One thing I do with old film like that is take my knife and cut four to six inch strips. This way when you pull, you are not pulling the entire window.

[*]342005

good advice, but it all comes down to, good old hard work..

Archived