Kinda funny

Not much of a horror story, but amusing non the less........

I got done tinting a four wheel drive Durango with big tires and a mild lift. Well, our install bay is a block down from the main store, so we end driving around the block in a big circle, anyway, I back out of the bay, pull out of the drive,right, speed hump, to the stop, right, speed hump (popular here in Fl.), stop, straight, speed hump, right, right again back into main parking lot. When I pull up, there's a bunch of people outside staring at the truck, laughing. I don't know what's up, I figure homeboy said something funny, ya know.

I get out of the truck, and there's my heatgun, about twenty feet behind the truck, with the extension cord running up behind the rear end. So I'm like freaking out up under the truck trying to untangle my cord before the customer shows up, while the peanut gallery gathers around laughing thier asses off.

I was so embarrassed!! And I'm thinking, any potential customers standing around aren't gonna let me touch thier car.

Crazy thing is, I have holsters made so I won't run over the heatgun, and I know I put it in it. Here's what we figured happened, the cord got caught in the tread of the tire as I backed over it, pulling the cord up over the tire on to the axle.

The weird thing is, I didn't see it, I pulled it over two parked cars (employees', thank god, and somehow didn't scratch them), then dragged it around the block, through a neigborhood, people along the whole way, probably laughing thier asses off as well.

I feel better now that I've shared this experience, moral of the story; always know where your heatgun is......oh yeah, it still works, 6 months later!!

Archived