What would you do?

Guest Tinted

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest SIR TINTSALOT

it works though, but you got to charge alot for that job to be worth the time and effort. I usually only do this to cars where the window film is all bubbled up and the customer doesn't want pay for a new glass.

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

the stuff really don't smell, ammonia is way worse. I only do this to cars where the glass is pulled out, way to messy and risky to do in the back seat. I guess I can see the concern if that was the way I did it though

Guest tint rookie

it really dosent smell that bad. and agreed never in a car.

but the fumes emited are actually heavier than air (you can actually watch em drift down the bench and along the floor). just dont lay on the shop floor and breath in.

id still consider it a last resort and give the same courtesy call as if you were to scrape it. it could eat to far. its crazy stuff even after all the epa restrictions.

id word it as "we have two last resorts, both id preffer discussing before doing. plan A)chems plan B)blading hopefully we wont get to B).

but its a round about easy way to get the permission to scrape.

cosmetically speaking. no d/f. very clean looking. like mentioned earlier. your in AZ. do ya really need em.

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

yeah I agree. When doing a strip job I always let the customer know that the defrosters may get damaged and we will not be held responsible, but usually I can tell just by looking at the film how bad it is going to be. I am also starting to be real picky on what jobs I do. I used to do any car I could, but I ended up losing out on alot of jobs because I was stuck on a bs f##$ed up job. Now my new rate for stripping is $60 per hour for labor.

yeah I agree. When doing a strip job I always let the customer know that the defrosters may get damaged and we will not be held responsible, but usually I can tell just by looking at the film how bad it is going to be.  I am also starting to be real picky on what jobs I do. I used to do any car I could, but I ended up losing out on alot of jobs because I was stuck on a bs f##$ed up job. Now my new rate for stripping is $60 per hour for labor.

[*]343104

I know I should have looked closely and I would have been able to tell it was going to be hell. Now, since I was in such a Focken hurry I have to explain the options. I learned from this mistake. Oh well gotta get it done!

Archived