2004 bmw 325ci

Guest michael9782

Guest michael9782

I have a 2004 bmw 325ci and I want to tint the front windows but I was told I can't because the windows go down 1/2 an inch when you open the doors and go back up when you close the doors and there is the problem with taking out the glass because of the side airbags can you help me out with this

Guest thetintshop

who told you that? your car isn't anything special, bmw has been doing that for years. just take it to a reputable tinter and you'll be fine.

or maybe a golfing forum, maybe tile?? :dunno if you took it to a shop and the shop told you that, take it to another one, up in the top right corner of this site it a tinting registry, see if there's a tinter in your area that's on this site.....most of us do reputable work, well, OT charges too much, but HEY what do you want, he's nearing retirement :lol

Guest Litespeeds

Hey Michael,

Whom ever told you that story doesn't know what he is talking about. I do BMW's all the time for BMW of San Francisco. All you have to do is trick the door into being closed by latching the door manually. This will trigger the window to roll all the way up. *** MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT CLOSE THE DOOR UNTIL YOU UNLATCH IT*** It is best to remove the door panel to have full access to tint below the door trims. I usually charge $120 for the pair on a coupe or $100 for the pair on a sedan. The only bad thing is it is not legal in California so you will need a written prescription letter from a doctor in order to have it on legally. It is legal during the day but not at night. That is the tradeoff.

Archived