accord / mercedes wings

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Al-tint
and I pull the panel so you can pry back the bottom rubber.  well I pull the panels anyway, you need to felt those rubbers.

[*]346860

If it works for you, that is great. I would like to see a pic of your finished work.

I look at it as if you have the panel pulled already, pull the glass also, but that is just me. :beer

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

it seems like since you already pull the panel, you wouldn't mind the extra minute to pop them quarters out. My buddy insist on tinting those doors with out pulling the panels. He tells me it takes too much time, but the other day on my day off I tinted a accord with him and while he was trying to heat the fingers out at the bottom of the door, I had already tinted mine and put the panel back in place. Then he burned one of the panels. His shop has good quality, but that was a rookie mistake if I ever saw one.

the method we use makes it a pretty fast job. if we took them out it would slow us down. I pull wings on those early 90's camrys, because I couldnt find a way to get those all the way back, but I havent tried the cups on one yet. thank god we havent had one of those in a while. using the cups with some practice produces a clean install here, clean being less than three specs, any more will need to be redone.

Guest tintgod
and I pull the panel so you can pry back the bottom rubber.? well I pull the panels anyway, you need to felt those rubbers.

[*]346860

If it works for you, that is great. I would like to see a pic of your finished work.

I look at it as if you have the panel pulled already, pull the glass also, but that is just me. :wall

[*]347677

yeah....I just take the extra few minute to take the panel off and the window out :wall

that way you know you are not going to crinkle the film trying to get in in there

and I pull the panel so you can pry back the bottom rubber.  well I pull the panels anyway, you need to felt those rubbers.

[*]346860

I look at it as if you have the panel pulled already, pull the glass also, but that is just me. :lol6

[*]347677

yeah....I just take the extra few minute to take the panel off and the window out :lol2

that way you know you are not going to crinkle the film trying to get in in there

[*]348715

:spit:spit

Archived