Beginner-Best way to?

Guest TheRoonster

Guest TheRoonster

Hi,

Recently my girlfriend was involved in an incident where her car was keyed by some other ex-coworkers. The estimate was $500 Dollars :(

If it is POSSIBLE I would like to do this as a Christmas present for her.

I'm 17 and have cash to spend on this, I would like to at least get ride of or cover up the obscenities left by these people. I will practice before I do it, and I have a large range of tools between my dad (Vintage CarJunky) and myself (Off-Road enthusiast).

I've been reading about Wet Sanding and I think that I could do this, or is there an alternative besides taking it to a body shop?

If there is a DIY could someone please list the materials I will need and useful tips on how I could repair this.

It is a Green Montero Sport, and has key marks on the right front door (only on one spot, not over curves or sides)

THIS MEANS ALOT-

THANKS Rooney

you can only wetsand the clearcoat.? so if the scrathes are deeper than that, it has to be repainted.? shoot take it to a maaco theyll do it for like 125

[*]346866

:copcar if you can feel the scratch with your finger nail its not going to come out with wet sanding. do you have a picture of the scratch?

[*]347111

:jerkit if you can see the sealer or if your finger nail gets caught up passing across it, you will not be able to wet sand / buff it out.

If not, be careful not to sand through the clear, if that happens, you'll have to paint it, no question about it at that point. :nope:wall

Archived