Canada telling me what I HAVE to listen too!

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

we sell both and they are pretty good all around. one is cheaper per month. each one carries different stations and formats. one has more sports and talk radio, the other more music. I hope this helps.

Satelite radio has been tied up in court for yrs here ..finially they are selling them here ..but there's a catch..we have 20 less channels offered and they added french channels instead to ours :lol ..to top it off we won't be getting the Howard Stern show :thumb

Our country forces us to listen to our own stuff ..I like a lot of our stuff..but I'd like to at least have the choice..so get this they sell them here..but with a "chip" in them which blocks certain channels ..if I buy my Sirius or Xm across the border..it won't block them even though it's activated in Canada .

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

wow! hey tw. do you know the name of a movie starring dan ackroid about the canadian fighter plane that got pigeon holed? I seen it once and thought it was great.thanks

It's like in the 80's when MTV first came out . We had it available also because we didn't have our own music channel..once we did get our own (Much Music) ..the country forced it on us and took out MTV ..I like Much Music ..but would still like the choice of MTV as I used t ohave ..same thing all over again..only with Satellite radio :lol

So I say fuk them ..I'm not going to buy my Canadian receiver with the "blocking chip" as required by law..I'll buy it from the States (minus the chip) and listen to whatever the helll I want ..I'm not french , don't know the language , don't care to, don't need to be substituting good Americian english stations for french stations and being forced to pay for the substitute :thumb

Thats crazy Wiz

the sirius is supposedly better for heavy rock and rap :lol

and XM better for sports and talk

they are sneaky little recievers

inside is 2 way gps and other tracking shizz :lol

you cant even see

the boss at the stereo shop got on the phone with a tech about his XM

he had him going into all kind of hidden menus and screens.

..one of them was GPS co-ordinates :lol for that reciever :thumb

I think Jim hughes at delphi (XM)

.............is the same Jim Hughes at Hughes aerospace :lol

the big defense contractor for satellites and spy planes

you gotta watch them sukkas...they will sneak up and steal your rights,

while you are listening to the radio.

crazy :lol

Archived