Remote starter only works with key in ingnition

Guest semore

Hey All- I am new to the site and searched for a answer to my question but could not find it, but here is the question.

I have had the Rattler 396D remote starter for 2 years with o issues, but yesterday I programed the factory keyless entry and now the remote starter will not work. Here is what it will do.

unluck and lockworks

remote starter will work if the key is in the egnition

Valet feature works

Now I have programed one other keyless entry (Factory OEM) so there are 2 Factory remotes plus the Rattler Remote. Now the day before I jumped my naboors car and crossed the negivtive and possitive that a long story but wires where colored back wards Black was on the possitive and the red was on the negative(really upset about that. But tested every thing and all was working fine I checked the fusses under the hood of my 2000 tuarus I did not check the fusses under the dash all was working fine. I testeed the remote starter and that was working fine also. This started to happen right the next time I had the other remote learned into the car?

Any help in this mater would be great thanks semore :wall

If it worked fine before, and if it works now with the key in the ignition, you must have popped a fuse to the PATS anti-theft bypass module.  This will be found under the dash.

[*]348718

If the fuse to the Anti-Theft poped wouldn't that not allow the key to work? I will check the fuse panel under my dash.

Thanks

If it worked fine before, and if it works now with the key in the ignition, you must have popped a fuse to the PATS anti-theft bypass module.  This will be found under the dash.

[*]348718

If the fuse to the Anti-Theft poped wouldn't that not allow the key to work? I will check the fuse panel under my dash.

Thanks

semore

a you familiar with alarm and ignition circuits?

it will not be easy to troubleshoot this if you arent an alarm installer IMHO

I may be able to find you a owners manual, but it won't help much

and the month and year it was made will help after 6/00 it is an '01 in the tech papers

I not familure with alarm system or the electronics of a vehical. I am Computer/Printer tech. It thing on the justed seemed like good sence that if the oem key worked that the fuse was not blowen.

The only thing on the Tauras is the chip in the key for Anti-theft, no alarm system. The remote starter is the only add on for be factory spec other then a steero.

I will check the fuse do know what the amp is that I looking? Will it be on its own circut?

no...the fuse for the anti-theft bypass (rf transponder)

did it remote start from the oem keyless remottes before  :wall

[*]348742

The Rattler remote starter worked before I programed the 2nd OEM keyless remote (Ford) I programed the 1st remote last year and the 2nd one yeasterday AM. Drove to work,as I started to leave I wanted to remote start my car and that is when I found out that the remote start was not working.

I think it has more to do with crossing up the jumper cables...than re-programming the remote

the PATS anti-theft Exact-Oh was talking about

bypasses the chip in the key

is is probably fried, or has a blown fuse on that piece...buried in the steering column

I have the shop manual for the tauras I going to try to find the fuse and then tomoro I will look for it. Man I hope its just a fuse and nothing else. I will be keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help and I will update tomoro with my results.

Archived