beretta

Guest pushingfingers

Guest pushingfingers

well I tried one again. and sure enough it was a pain in the u know what. can anyone do those windows in a respectable amount of time. and if so give me some tips... :DD

Guest darkdan

Yeah, ask my brother.

Of course, I'm sure he'll give you some kind of cocky response about being good, or do 1000 of them back in the day, etc.

Yeah, being cocky is genetic in my family.

Personally, I say fug it and two piece it.

Yeah, ask my brother.

Of course, I'm sure he'll give you some kind of cocky response about being good, or do 1000 of them back in the day, etc.

Yeah, being cocky is genetic in my family.

Personally, I say fug it and two piece it.

[*]351426

Thats what I do. The tint job is worth more than the car on those! :DD

I've seen one in one-piece a long time ago, it was in a parking lot some where, I pissed off my wife cuz we were with her parents and I was spewing over it, " A beretta, in one piece! Check it out!!"

And she was pulling me away, saying I was embarrassing her...

Anyway, I've tried I don't know how many times, and I've seen one done and it pisses me off. Screw it, if it has a defroster, hidden seam it on the bottom line.

If it doesn't, seam that bad boy about 1" up from the bottom corners. After you lay your first peice on the inside, lay your second (bottom) piece on the outside and trim the seam line, it's gonna be thicker in the middle because of the curve.

Or you could "invisi-seam" it.....overlap, cut down middle....

I've "heard" it can be done easily in one piece with the window out of the car. Laying it down on a table, it supposedly can be stretched with no heat. And of course, a bunch of people have told me they can do it in one piece (blah, blah)

It's probably been 5 years since I've tinted one of those POS's, thank god, they're always ratty and falling apart.

Yeah, I can see how it could be done, but,.... why? It's not worth the aggrevation. The guy who trained me claimed he could cram paper towels down along the bottom to hold the tint down, then heat the hell out of it. Tried that, didn't work (for me, anyway). Always pops back up, then it's too dry to squeegee out again,...Aaaaargh!!!

Screw it! Do it in two pieces and be done with it

Guest 1PEECBARETTA

O.k. I'm back. hadn't been online in a couple of days, very busy around here.fug it. 2 peec it.do it like tintinator suggested.1 peecing that car aint worth the time and agravation.can be done,but what a beeoch.unless u r charging out the kazoo.

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

that's the type of job that takes two people, one to heat the glass, and the other guy inside the back of the car pushing it down evenly and holding it until it sticks.

I usually turn away them beretta unless the want to sign over a small fortune to me.

I have done 35-40 of those cars and only 2 ever came out in one sheet. Ive tried on probably 25 of them but gave up.

I think it was tintanator who said 1" up from the outside corners. :eyebrows

and use the factory straight edge to line up ypur cut :thumb

or if it has a defroster, split it on the bottom defroster.

Archived