01 mustang tinting

Guest newname

Guest newname
If your worried about huper pricing forumla one is not for you either.

As far as what film to use on your car. Well that is your decision to make not our's. Your best bet is to drive around looking at different mustangs, and get an idea of what you like

[*]355401

although that seems like a great idea, I work and dont have the time to sightseeing other stangs...furthermore, even if I saw one that I liked I wouldn't know what tint it's using just by looking at it....and I dont think pulling over the car and asking the driver what kinda tint he has is a good idea :gasp

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If your worried about huper pricing forumla one is not for you either.

As far as what film to use on your car. Well that is your decision to make not our's. Your best bet is to drive around looking at different mustangs, and get an idea of what you like

[*]355401

although that seems like a great idea, I work and dont have the time to sightseeing other stangs...furthermore, even if I saw one that I liked I wouldn't know what tint it's using just by looking at it....and I dont think pulling over the car and asking the driver what kinda tint he has is a good idea :gasp

[*]355408

Good point... OT had the answer, too.

Like many others on this site... he shys away from stating brand names... each has their preference and it would only lead to a pizzin match that would leave you dazed and confused.

Tint is not an item one needs shop for on the internet... :lol Find a shop open when you are not working and start from there.

Your right that you wont know what film it is on the vehicle you see.

But it will give you a better idea of how dark your looking for. Most tint shops carry pretty much the same levels of film darkness 35%, 20% and 5% are your most common choices.

So when looking at film not just on satngs but all vehicles. Make your choice light medium or dark.

Like metint said internet shopping for film will not realy work. You need to see it first hand to get an idea of what you want.

I understand you work but on your way home from work, to work ,or going shopping look at the other cars on the road.

oldtinter: please share as to what you think stands out so I can get it :thumb

[*]355394

I already tried that, apparently he's not going to.

[*]355399

The point was..."Buy a metalized film and you'll be fine" type blanket statement is misleading, or simply false. There's some marginal hybrids out there, and some excellent non-metal films. For theegod....plenty shops out there have web sites loaded with pics, that would be a good place to start. If you're quoted a low price...run...run away...:DD

Guest vclimber
oldtinter: please share as to what you think stands out so I can get it :DD

[*]355394

I already tried that, apparently he's not going to.

[*]355399

The point was..."Buy a metalized film and you'll be fine" type blanket statement is misleading, or simply false. There's some marginal hybrids out there, and some excellent non-metal films. For theegod....plenty shops out there have web sites loaded with pics, that would be a good place to start. If you're quoted a low price...run...run away...:DD

[*]355443

Excellent form! You traversed that knife edge in classic style. :thumb

Guest sunbuster
:DD dammit no formula one dealers in jersey!!? :DD

[*]355259

believe me, its not hyped up as they say they are.. :beer

[*]355299

Really, what other film man. offers "No Fault". What other film man. makes an AUTOMOTIVE Ceramic film, that will shrink. VKOOL and Huper are designed as flatglass films. You have to have a great service record with utmost quality to even be considered as a FORMULA ONE Candidate.

Guest sunbuster
ask the shop if they use, "metalized" tint.? If you plan on keeping this car longer than 2 years Id deffinatly reccomend you go with that type of film.

[*]354774

:DD Some non-metal films will outlast the hybrids. :DD

[*]355131

Like what? (not saying your wrong, just curios)

[*]355153

Your just going to have to take my word for it...or go through the years of trying all the films and seeing what works, what doesn't. I just think there's a huge misconception of film brands....brand means squat, because they all make marginal products somewhere

in their lineup. It's a particular line or 2 from some manufacturers that stand out IMO. A metal layer in a film doesn't make it the Holy Grail. :beer

[*]355318

MADICO's TG dyed series and Onyx (hybrid) hold up well, although they do experience some fade to the color, but don't most?

:DD dammit no formula one dealers in jersey!!? :DD

[*]355259

believe me, its not hyped up as they say they are.. :beer

[*]355299

Really, what other film man. offers "No Fault". What other film man. makes an AUTOMOTIVE Ceramic film, that will shrink. VKOOL and Huper are designed as flatglass films. You have to have a great service record with utmost quality to even be considered as a FORMULA ONE Candidate.

[*]357112

Sungard offers a no-fault warranty. :beer:DD Plenty people have no problem shrinking Huper, if "ceramic" is your cup of tea. Any decent film in a good installers hands will have a good result regardless of brand. And I think more weight should be given to the actual installer than brand as far as the consumer is concerned. But what that is is simply my opinion, nothing more.

Guest sunbuster
:lol dammit no formula one dealers in jersey!!? :lol

[*]355259

believe me, its not hyped up as they say they are.. :lol

[*]355299

[*]357112

Sungard offers a no-fault warranty. :dunno:lol Plenty people have no problem shrinking Huper, if "ceramic" is your cup of tea. Any decent film in a good installers hands will have a good result regardless of brand. And I think more weight should be given to the actual installer than brand as far as the consumer is concerned. But what that is is simply my opinion, nothing more.

[*]357133

Good to know. I agree You definately want to go with the shop and or installers you are comfortable with. Huper does shrink I agree, but if you get a chance to work with the F1 Pinnacle you will not beleive it. It shrink like a standard film, adding no extra time to your installation, doubling your profit. Thanks again for the info on the sungard "no-fault"

Archived