01 mustang tinting

Guest newname

Guest newname

I want to tint my black 01 mustang...im in nj...I just wanted to ask the professionals here what kind of tint should I get...I really have no familiarity with any tinting lingo...I'm thinking 30% all around should be fine...is that fine? too light? too dark?...also is there like a certain brand name of tint that I should go after...I read something about huber optik but those looked super expensive just from their website...im in bergen county and was also wondering if any of you guys know a good shop in that area...wow I guess thats a lot of questions im asking...any help is greatly appreciated!! thank you.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heres a shop from the registry

Name: Steven Dambrowski

Email: steved@panix.com

Phone: (888)295-3764

Years of Experience: 4

Shop Name and Location: D & S Wind

nj dosen't allow tint on the fronts or visor

but 30% would look classy on the rest of the stang

we all use different brands

the right installer is more important than brand names

Guest newname

Thanks a lot for the response guys!!

zolar: you mentioned a tinter from "the registry". since a person is a member of the registry, does that mean they are usually better than your average joe? also is there any way I can look through this registry?

tigerstripe: I totally agree. I do not want any hassles with the cops. one of my friend's has I think 5% or something simialr all around on his pontiac grand prix...he sometimes gets hassled but since the car is leased he at least does not have to worry about inspection!

midcoast: I definitely plan to keep this car a while. are metallized tint the best a person can get for his vehicle? and how much are they compared to just normal tint?

btw, how much do u think the cost will be of tinting a stang coupe?

Guest newname
1 miiillliiioooon dollars!!!!!!!!! :drevil  :heh

prices are not allowed to be posted my friend. :beer

[*]354871

ahh fair anuff...be great if someone can pm me a ballpark figure :beer

o btw, these smiley things are the coolest :heh

Guest sunbuster

zolar:  you mentioned a tinter from "the registry". since a person is a member of the registry, does that mean they are usually better than your average joe? also is there any way I can look through this registry?

tigerstripe: I totally agree. I do not want any hassles with the cops. one of my friend's has I think 5% or something simialr all around on his pontiac grand prix...he sometimes gets hassled but since the car is leased he at least does not have to worry about inspection!

midcoast: I definitely plan to keep this car a while. are metallized tint the best a person can get for his vehicle? and how much are they compared to just normal tint?

[*]354852

On a black Mustang, I would go with a black Film. The metal films just wouldn't do it. Try www.formulaone.com. You can locate a dealer in your area through this site. Formula One Pinnacle is a Ceramic based film actually made for cars, it is true black, excellent heat rejection, and no electronic interference (like radar detectors, GPS, and satellite radio.) It may be a little more expensive, but it carries a Nationwide Manufacturer's Lifetime Warranty. Ask the dealer if they participate in the no fault program. This means if you scratch it, or someone breaks a window. They will retint that window at nop charge. This is in addition to the lifetime warranty. It is the best way to protect your investment. Good Luck. Pinnacle is available in 50% / 35% / 15%. If you have a light interior, the 35% will be almost invisible through the back window. The 15% will make the front windows look tinted as well. NJ law allows anything behind the driver (nothing on the front two R/Us), but the cops may pull you over cause they can.

Good Luck!

zolar:  you mentioned a tinter from "the registry". since a person is a member of the registry, does that mean they are usually better than your average joe? also is there any way I can look through this registry?

[*]354852

there is a section dedicated to

consumer concerns on the TD main page

the link is on the top left of the page :krazy

it also has Tint laws, and care instructions

as well as the link to the TD registry of tinters,

who are typically better than your average Joe :ditto

Archived