'04 Nissan Maxima Rear Window Question

Guest jimshade

Guest jimshade

I had my car tinted 35% all windows and noticed something odd on the rear window. I can see a white border about 1-2 cm think all around where the tint was laid down. Now I know that there are some dot matrix dots that form a border around the window, but does anyone know if this is normal? I paid ~220 dollars to get it tinted by a professional and he did warn that I would be able to see some whitish color from the inside, but nothing from the outside. The whitish border is clearly visible from the outside. Does anyone have experience with the '04 maxima and know what I'm talking about? When I called up the shop they said that this was normal. I just had the car tinted about 5 days ago. Is this something I'm justified complaining about?

Thank you in advance.

Guest tintgod

what you speak of is normal....you may have miss understood him wene he said that you will see the whiteish look from the inside...you usually dont see it from the inside...but you will from the outside...maybe some mis communication :bling

but it is definitly normal...there is not enought glass surface for the tint to stick to between the dots of the matrix..that is why the film will look whitish or silverish

if you would like ..you can take it back to the shop that you had I done at and have them run their finger around the border to see if it will stick a little better...but in most cases..it wont...

Guest willie
yeah..I guess I could have just said...its normal... :nope

[*]358003

:bling:beer:hmmm

:bat

[*]358006

just trying ot be nice for a change... :DD

[*]358010

yes its normal but TG is not

:hmmm

Archived