Need some advice please

Guest VOLTRON

Guest TintsOvOz
Speaking of Toyota dealerships like I saw a post about earlier this week, I tinted a dealership last May with Silver 20 and now they are saying that they want the transoms darker. My question is will this be a problem for glass breakage? It is single pane and I am pretty sure it is annealed glass and not tempered. I was going to give them a bid to redo the transoms in a 5% mirror but that will be expensive and it will also be labor intensive, not that I am opposed to the R&R but I think they will frown at the price.

So, what do you guys think of putting another layer of say a 20 non reflective or darker, maybe even blackout. I thought about it and I dont think that the glass will absorb too much heat being that most of the heat is being reflected and not mush will hit the second layer.

So what do you guys think?

[*]358389

Hi guys tryin not to inturupt the private, just my thoughts on the thermal Q, Id have no trouble with puttin on blackout with silver in front, especially on tempered( I think that glass is made @ aprox 7-800degress????) which will cope with what u r talking about. :popcorn

Oz................. :spit

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sunbuster
Cool, thanks sunbuster, and by the way if you have anything come up down there I have been looking for an excuse to go to Austin. If anything comes up that you need help with let me know.

[*]358489

The buddy of mine I told you about has a big building coming up in Austin. I gave him your info. We stay primarily with the residential and small commercial jobs. We stay really busy with that, besides, there are too many guys out there still giving it away on the big commercial jobs. If everyone would charge accordingly, tinters could have a much higher standard of living. Ever think of moving to Austin? We may need a new residential guy coming up this spring. You can email me: randy@sunbusterstint.com

Guest VOLTRON

well not really interested in moving, but I dont mind a little traveling now and then, hey if theres work I'll go. I do work for about 5 or 6 different dealers but there is 2 that keep me pretty busy with some of the other dealers thrown in there now and again. Also do work for some of the distributors here to, when they dont have a dealer in the area they will send me there if I am available.

The two that keep me the working alot one of them is 99% residential, and the other is mostly commercial with residential here and there too.

But yea if you need any help with any projects I do travel so keep me in mind, I come fully equiped, with the exception of lifts and scaffolding.

Guest vclimber
well not really interested in moving, but I dont mind a little traveling now and then, hey if theres work I'll go. I do work for about 5 or 6 different dealers but there is 2 that keep me pretty busy with some of the other dealers thrown in there now and again. Also do work for some of the distributors here to, when they dont have a dealer in the area they will send me there if I am available.

The two that keep me the working alot one of them is 99% residential, and the other is mostly commercial with residential here and there too.

But yea if you need any help with any projects I do travel so keep me in mind, I come fully equiped, with the exception of lifts and scaffolding.

[*]359422

:dunno You mean you can't fit you scaffold in your suitcase???

Guest sunbuster
climber I have already put R20 on the interior and they want it darker, so it would have to be an R&R and it will be twice as expensive to do that then the original install.

[*]358487

Then you'll have to do the waiver thing and put something dark on there. Believe it or not, I have a job where I put blackout on insulated glass. Yes, jaw dropper, but the customer had to have no matter what. They signed their life away and we did the job. To date not one pane has cracked and we did about 30 panes, some of them greater than 25 sq ft. That was over 3 years ago.

[*]358532

We did that last Weds for a construction company we work with. Layed in over 200 square feet of Black-out on IG units. We warned the foreman and documented everything including being written in the invoice.

[*]358620

Exactly, I warn them verbally and make them sign the waiver. Keep the original and give them a copy.

Guest sunbuster
hard enuff to fit the little giant in there.  :poop

Just lettin him know I dont have an f-350 with a trailer,

[*]359429

That reminds me of an old fishing ad. Here: I'll modify it. Wanted: Good Tinter. Presentable, Experienced, Annunciates, cleans up after oneself, has own scafold and lift. Please send picture of scafold and lift. :lol

Archived