can i buy a tool package?

Guest Stratusrtrida

Guest ShadyKat

I concur with what these guys have said but I would add one thing for your general cleaning tools and that would be to have a squeegee for the out side and a squeegee for the inside. Mark them so you do not get them mixed up and inadvertently get contaminants.

PS I really like my orange crush and the Bull Dozer is a MUST! :popcorn

Guest Stratusrtrida

I have a video I purchased on window tinting. The guy was using a puddy knife wrapped in paper towels. He was using it to get behind the third tail light and to wedge in between the rubber gaskets and the window to get fingers out on the door windows...The bottom of the puddy knife look indentical to the bulldozer and it was only $1.88. I noticed the buldozer was $30. (unless I read it wrong?) I was just wondering if anyone here used a puddy knife as opposed to a bulldozer?

Nick

I prefer the clearmax over the bluemax for auto. The bluemax is to easily fukd up as it is more easily nicked, whereas the clearmax last longer. Plus it's easy to get the clear max to contour to a curved window while getting slip out. Don't get me wrong, the bluemax is an awesome tool, but it just won't take any type of abuse is all.

Shady's idea is a great one with having the two different squeegees. I also do this, so I have my clearmax for installing the film, and a channel squeegee on a pro handle for the outside of the glass. :ppdance

hey guys, im pretty new to this, is there a tool package that will have all the tools I will need to tint car windows? Im looking to just make one purchase with all or most of the tools. thanks, Nick

[*]361820

www.gilainc.com sells starter tool kits for automotive and flat glass installation

www.44.tools sell paint protection film installation

Archived