can i buy a tool package?

Guest Stratusrtrida

Guest Stratusrtrida

hey guys, im pretty new to this, is there a tool package that will have all the tools I will need to tint car windows? Im looking to just make one purchase with all or most of the tools. thanks, Nick

try

www.44tools.com

www.filmhandler.com

they have tool pkgs. but I prefer a different selection than what they have in the pkg.

try some and see what you like then order more.

[*]361910

:evilgrin

Each person has/her own preference for installing tools. Those kits are a good start, but odds are over time, you will add new tools to your collection and pitch others in the trash.

My tool pouch only has 2 cards that I use on a regular basis, a pro handle with squeegee, then the obvious knife, scraper, sprayer and a heat gun. 95% of the time, this is all I use.

Be sure to add a bulldozer to your collection. IMO, this is pretty much a must have tool. :rollin

Guest Stratusrtrida

thanks. There are so many tools. I knew I probably wouldn't use all of them. But. I didn't wanna buy them one at a time. I guess that might be a good idea cause this way im not getting a bunch of tools I don't really need. So far I have one of those yellow squeeges, (Its kinda soft? I don't know the name) I have a hard card squeege, one that looks like a plastic puddy knife, and I just bought the chizzler. I have some regular razors, an olfa, some 0000 steel wool, a tack cloth and finally a heat gun. That should be enough to do the trick right? I think im gonna buy a steamer next weekend when I get a free minute. Im not too sure what the "bulldozer" is though?

Nick

Its a back window tool. Saves your knuckles and can slip behind most brake lights. Saves having to remove the rear deck on alot of cars. Cars like the grand prix, it makes quick work of reaching the bottom of the glass. Side swiper is a good tool as well for this same purpose.

Get a yellow diamond card.....I would be lost without mine.

I would suggest a Blue Max or an Orange Crush in addition to your Yellow squeegee which is refered to as a 'Yellow Turbo'.

The Turbo is great for your first pass but in order to remove the additional slip solution that the turbo will not get, you will need a harder durometer squeegee, such as the Blue Max.

I have an olfa knife, 2 hard cards(black and gold), a yellow turbo, a

4 in. black squeegee, blue max, razor scraper, diamond tip, bulldozer, white scrubby, heat gun and a few others.

I make use of all of them but not on every job.

When it comes to tools, I'd rather have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

If tools are what you use to make a living, you can never have enough. :rollin

Guest Stratusrtrida

thanks guys...Yea, im the same way. Im actually a tool hizzo. I have so many tools its crazy. But, getting into the window tinting I just wasn't sure what was what. Thanks again for all your help. I think im going to purchase a blue max and I should be all set...

Nick

Archived