plotter cutting problem

Guest jparizek

are you sure the blade point was sticking out enough?

or are you sure you have the right blades for your machine?

if its jagged and tearing usually that means the blade holder is digging in to the tint,

the only other thing I can think of might be the bearrings in the blade holder need to be oiled. if its not allowing the blade to swivel in the holder.

Guest ShadyKat

Had the same issue a few weeks ago!

I cannot tell from your post BUT? if the pattern is not being cut at the edges of the film/ vinyl your margins are not set correctly. You would think that a system that checks the sheet size before every cut would be smart enough to figure this out. But PostScripe they are not! What was happening with my plotter is I could literally watch the blade pick up then go to another section then continue on to complete the pattern. Trust me this was sucking big-time. If this is the case try adjusting your margins. Good luck! :twocents

Had the same issue a few weeks ago!

I cannot tell from your post BUT? if the pattern is not being cut at the edges of the film/ vinyl your margins are not set correctly. You would think that a system that checks the sheet size before every cut would be smart enough to figure this out. But PostScripe they are not! What was happening with my plotter is I could literally watch the blade pick up then go to another section then continue on to complete the pattern. Trust me this was sucking big-time. If this is the case try adjusting your margins. Good luck! :rest

[*]365182

:wall

What he said. :twocents

Guest ShadyKat
It really did suck! I put about $200 worth of PPF on the floor in fifteen minutes! I was not a happy cat! :hmmm

[*]365220

that sucks.

dosnt it make you sick when you cant do anything but stand there and watch your $$ go :lol

[*]365637

NO ShIZZZ!!!!!. I was watching it and going wtf . I had set my system up by tech support standards, the bad part is I had a job that needed to be delivered 100 miles south of me by 8:00AM and at the time tech support was closed. I had ran the first three "small jobs" with out a hitch but the one that tested the margins just started eating film. Believe me, I have bitched very loudly, over seven thousand dollars in software and equipment and it does not know when something is outside its print area! :lol

In all do honesty this is my only complaint with ComputerCut other than that I love it :dunno

Archived