Help with my 2001 civic- advice please

Guest homes

Hey everyone, I am new to the forum and really need some advice. I have been trying to remove the parcel shelf on my 2001 honda civic coupe as there is a rattling noise coming from underneath it- which could well be the speaker.

The problem is that it seems impossible to remove the shelf as it is connected to the side panels and I dont really know how to remove it. can anyone give me anyone advice on this please? thanks

best way is to remove the rear seat then the side panels then the deck will come out. you can tweak it enough to remove it without removing the rear seat. just pull the side panels as much as you can. it's still a pain in the azz to do it though.

Guest Key West

Fold down the rear seats. You will see some "buttons across the top and along the sides. )Kind of a delta shape on each side these too wrap around a piece of metal so may require peeling.Using your body panel tool, (or a screw driver,) gently pull these out. Then taking the surface facing you, "peel" it toward you. (the plastic covers a lip) This will release the front. Then slide your hands under the deck, popping the pins that hold the under side. At this point, the child seat anchor covers will come off.

You may have to pop the side panels slightly, and it may require some manhandling, but it will come out rather easily. Installation is the reverse. Hope I have confused you sufficiently.

No, really, they are a breeze to get out. Follow those steps, and I'm sure you will figger it out.

:DD:lol:lol6

Guest Key West

Fold down the rear seats. You will see some "buttons across the top and along the sides. )Kind of a delta shape on each side these too wrap around a piece of metal so may require peeling.Using your body panel tool, (or a screw driver,) gently pull these out. Then taking the surface facing you, "peel" it toward you. (the plastic covers a lip) This will release the front. Then slide your hands under the deck, popping the pins that hold the under side. At this point, the child seat anchor covers will come off.

You may have to pop the side panels slightly, and it may require some manhandling, but it will come out rather easily. Installation is the reverse. Hope I have confused you sufficiently.

NO need to remove the seats, they fold down. Really. just ask me. I'll tell ya!

No, really, they are a breeze to get out. Follow those steps, and I'm sure you will figger it out.

:gasp:nope:evileye

Guest Key West

NO need to remove the seats, they fold down. Really. just ask me. I'll tell ya!

:nope  :nope  :evileye

[*]366046

Note: the sides wrap around a rather large peice of metal. Therefore ya gotta bend the plastic and "unwrap" it from around it :barf:gasp:wall

by the way darkdan how do I get to the how to section? thanks

Yeah, live with the rattle.

There's a good how-to in the Civic section under makes/models.  Look in there, but it's still a PITA.

[*]366037

Archived