Pa Tint Laws

Guest cheesehead98

Guest cheesehead98

I am moving to Philly in April and was wondering about the tint laws. 70% all windows. What is the deal with that? Will it ever change? Why so light? Does anybody have any pictures of a 4 door car or suv with 70% on it. I am either looking at getting a Chrysler 300 or Jeep Grand Cherokee. All replys are much appreaciated.

Thanks

TOM

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

for a pic of the car your buying with 70%, go to the dealer, find one with factory glass and there you go.

70% is really nothing.

its dumb but its thanks to the people who put !llegal tint on the cars, they do that, then the lawmakers feal they have to crack down even harder, pretty soon we got laws of no tint.

Cheese, Tiger is right 70% means nothing on the front 2 windows.Pa has a very strict law & the cops around the philly suburbs will ticket you sooner or later. You may get away with putting 50% .The philly cops have much more to worry about but if you go for dark they will pull you over too. :twocents

Guest LindsayTint
Where are you moving from Cheesehead?

[*]374852

You really have to thank all those criminals with limo tint who decide to for one reason or another to pull a gun on a cop walking up to a car with no visability and open fire. You have to look at it from a cop's point of view. It's 2am ur all alone and u pull over a car all the widows are blacked out. You walk up to the driverside window and when they roll it down ur looking down the business end of a glock. Who do u think are pushing for all these laws--- THE COPS. Just because you or the Citizen of the year would never dream of pulling a gun on a cop, doesnt make the cop pulling you over feel any safer walking up to a black'd out window'd car. Im not a cop or anything, but I see thier point. Blame it on those Bad Apples who have killed cops in this fashion. Im not a hater but thats my :gasp

Guest cheesehead98
You can get away with 35% in the burbs, in the city the cops have better things to do. I've had 35 on all my cars and never had a problem. Knock on wood!!

[*]374903

Exact

I am from Wisconsin, but have lived in Minnesota for 4 yrs.

Guest busted221

I just got busted by a state trooper in pa for driving with my windows down. I saw him coming up behind me for a mile and rolled them down and he passed me, pulled onto the berm of the road and waited for me to go by (I still had my windows down). then he pulled me over and said that I was the only person he ever seen driving around in february with windows down. he made me roll them up and they read less than 2% light transmittance on his meter. I had 2.5% all around on my mustang and thats the first time I ever had trouble, but I was always very cautious. I never thought I would get busted such a stupid way. I think I will retint with 30%

Guest firststrike
I just got busted by a state trooper in pa for driving with my windows down.  I saw him coming up behind me for a mile and rolled them down and he passed me, pulled onto the berm of the road and waited for me to go by (I still had my windows down).  then he pulled me over and said that I was the only person he ever seen driving around in february with windows down.  he made me roll them up and they read less than 2% light transmittance on his meter.  I had 2.5% all around on my mustang and thats the first time I ever had trouble, but I was always very cautious.  I never thought I would get busted such a stupid way.  I think I will retint with 30%

[*]375107

2%, geez, how could you even see your mirrors?

Just in a legality question, I thought the only thing an officer can make you do is step out of the car, present a license and be patted down. After that, you reserve the right to be silent.

Archived