92 chevy beretta

Guest tintjake

Guest DJ Malachai

Hey there,

You shouldn't have any problem doing it in 2 pieces on the rear window of the Beretta.

as for all of these "Beretta sucks ass" people...

I'm sure you have a great idea as to why a Beretta sucks ass. I'm sure you'd all love to tell me why you think they suck ass. Seeing that I own a 1990 Beretta 3.1L V6 with over 250k miles on it that hasn't blown up yet and actually runs extremely well, I may think you're just F.O.S.

Perhaps someone in a Beretta with a High Output engine, a Stage II supercharger, a Cold Air Induction, custom valve guides/camshaft/pistons/headers/etc. pulled you out and owned you at a stoplight and you're pissed off.

Waah.

DJ Malachai

1990 Chevrolet Beretta 3.1L V6

Dynoed at

180hp@4925rpm

210ft-lbs@4000rpm

Best 1/4 - 15.21 @ 94.65 mph

Jasper Rebuilt 3.1L V6

No SuperCharger/No NOS

Cold Air Intake System/K&N Filter

59mm Throttle Body

Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifold

Ported Heads

DIS Ignition system

Crane Cam

Aluminum pulley kit

Sports Pistons

High Volume Oil Pump

Performance Flywheel

neener! ricers beware! :coffee

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
as for all of these "Beretta sucks ass" people...

From a tinting the back glass standpoint... Beretta's suck wind...

I am sure with the stats listed, your Beretta was not the target of ridicule, just the glass. :coffee

Perhaps someone in a Beretta with a High Output engine, a Stage II supercharger, a Cold Air Induction, custom valve guides/camshaft/pistons/headers/etc. pulled you out and owned you at a stoplight and you're pissed off.

Waah.

DJ Malachai

1990 Chevrolet Beretta 3.1L V6

Dynoed at

180hp@4925rpm

210ft-lbs@4000rpm

Best 1/4 - 15.21 @ 94.65 mph

Jasper Rebuilt 3.1L V6

No SuperCharger/No NOS

Cold Air Intake System/K&N Filter

59mm Throttle Body

Ported Upper and Lower Intake Manifold

Ported Heads

DIS Ignition system

Crane Cam

Aluminum pulley kit

Sports Pistons

High Volume Oil Pump

Performance Flywheel

Ummm.... ? Whatever, cuz. Tell you what. When you get that POS into the tens or nines, where the big dogs run. You can post your 1/4 mile times. Until then, just stick to the 15 second club, okay buddy. Besides, I think a Yugo did a 1/4 mile stock in like the 18 second range... so that 15 second timeslip.... IMO, I wouldn't post it again. Thanks, though, for your non-window tinting input. :coffee

I have had good success doing them in two pieces, splice on bottom defroster. I install the top first; let it set up a little then put in the second piece. Immediately get it out into the sun then stretch and hold the corners diagonally.

It's a total pain though, and will take about twice as long as most back glass apps.

Good luck

I also agree that these cars suck, the doors never stay open, the back glass takes too long to tint, the doors have that crappy frit edge, that doesn't let you hide much film, and that beveled edge sucks too, oh, and the seat belts on the doors :DD not one of GM's better designed cars IMO...oh, and 15 seconds for a V6?? that car should go faster..maybe it's too heave, you need a honda :DD :DD oh, and a honda odyssey has 230 hp stock dude...thats a minivan...if you're gonna drag a car, get one that can actually perform :lol

Guest DJ Malachai

Hey,

Actually your stock Beretta pushes about anywhere from 15.9-16.3 depending on how well-maintained the engine and all other essential driving parts are. There are various other factors which effect the horsepower [AC condenser, etc].

Wow, a yugo runs 18's. Blah. My girlfriend's Sunfire stock runs low 16's. What's your point?

As for the beretta owner. Nice back window.

The only problem I have had with the Beretta's doors staying open is on my driver's side and when it is on an incline. My doors lock in place and have a tendency to stay open as long as there isn't some large gust of wind or they are not on an incline, and then only my driver's 'side door closes.

The door panels are a pain in the ass in the Beretta but to someone who knows how to work on them they are very easy to handle. In fact, not only are they easy to handle but the parts on them are EXTREMELY replaceable with different textures and color schemes.

As for suck-ass japanese rice wagons. Listen man, I guarantee you that I can remove my throttle body, remove my upper intake manifold, replace all of my gaskets, replace my PVC valve, change my oil, and do a fluid check before you could even remotely try to do anything to a Honda. Not only that, I'll do it for less money. Fact of the matter is that GM cars are the cheapest and easiest to repair.

I also never saw Honda make an INDY PACE CAR.

So blah.

It's not the only car I own. I have a 1989 Cavalier Z24 restored, a 1989 Jaguar XJS restored, my 1990 Beretta 3.1L and my girlfriends 1998 Sunfire GT. People typically like my Jaguar more than anything else but I tell you it's more fun driving my Beretta. :P I'm too worried about dinging up anything on my Jaguar to race it :P

And I know my Jaguar would make a honda look sick. :P

DJ Malachai

Guest DJ Malachai

[for some reason there was no Edit button for my post]

I Forgot to mention that if you are ever going to buy a Jaguar make SURE you have a Beretta....

That way you have a car to run off to get parts for the Jaguar in...Because all rich people know you need to own TWO Jaguars: one to keep in the shop and one to drive.

As for me not being a "tinter". Listen, I came to this forum because I own 4 cars and only one of them is tinted. I wanted to see how economically sound it would be for me to try tinting my own windows. As I can see that it's probably something akin to removing my engine and rebuilding it, I do not think that I have the patience to tint. I might. Right now I'm more concerned with maintainence on my cars.

However, I do have questions about film. On my girlfriend's car it's just some regular film. Someone wants me to get 3M on my Beretta because it gets hotter than her car did. He said 3M on the Beretta will give me a better heat reduction than the regular tint.

Is this true?

DJ Malachai

Guest DJ Malachai

As for a Minivan....

A minivan SHOULD have more horsepower than my car. A MINIVAN is a. heavier, b. meant to pull more passengers, c. meant to store more cargo.

What really amazes me is the new Saturn I heard about on the radio. The new Saturn SUV..."with 140hp to get you there..."

The stock BERETTA runs 140hp!!!!

and it's a small CAR.

And no, a 3.1L V6 should run between the numbers I indicated. I've seen very few Berettas that could get low 14s and I saw a Cavalier z24 that had 400hp without NOS that makes my friends rebulit z28 camaro with his 12.8 1/4 mile time look sick.

My Jaguar would own them all muihahaha :DD

DJ Malachai

Who thinks they need to add an Edit option

Archived